Status
Not open for further replies.

kjf

Parkit.ie allows property-owners (residential and commercial) to rent out their empty driveways, garages, car parks and other spare pieces of land to drivers needing somewhere to park.

Any constructive criticism or feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Have a proper link : parkit

First off ...

It's not at all clear what the site does or who runs it

If it's a commercial offering you need to provide proper contact details - I presume you want to charge people for listing their spaces?

No privacy policy

No idea of costs
No idea of earnings

The text on the main page of the site is really hard to read as it's so light.

None of the pages seem to have proper titles - you seem to have "parkit" as the page title on all of them

kjf

Thanks blacknight, I've made some ammendments based on your comments.

First off ...

It's not at all clear what the site does or who runs it
I've reworded some text to make this clearer.

If it's a commercial offering you need to provide proper contact details - I presume you want to charge people for listing their spaces?
Nope. Free!

No privacy policy
I'm working on this.

No idea of costs
No idea of earnings
It's free to advertise. What earnings to you mean?

The text on the main page of the site is really hard to read as it's so light.
Agreed, I've made it slightly darker.

None of the pages seem to have proper titles - you seem to have "parkit" as the page title on all of them
I've fixed this. All pages should have unique titles.

StuartC

Fair play, nice idea and nice design. The only real opinion i can give is that I wouldnt have as much whitespace on the homepage. Id put a container in there and have a nice background down the sides.

hope it goes well for ya

Donagh

Nice website. I like the idea. The design is also pleasant and has a nice web2.0 feel to it. Really like the logo too!

Just two things that I spotted myself,

1 - On the registration page you have

Not yet a member? Register here
Forgot your password? Reset here

You could just turn each into one link for each rather than having two pieces in each.

2 - For your google maps I would have it so that each time someone clicks on a pointer they get a small highlight of each rental space. Each time someone clicks on the pointer the map should also center on that point. Just a suggestion ;)

daemonbit

Hi Kjf,

I really like the design and the idea is good also. The only suggestion I would have is in relation to the search feature. For example I typed Donnybrook and there were no items found and then I typed Dublin 4 and there were two items found. It might be nice to have a feature that showed places with parking within a short distance of areas searched regardless of whether or not a result is returned. I have a website that I would be happy to do a link exchange for - PM me if you are interested and I will send you the link.

Good luck with it!!!

kjf

Thanks everyone. Based on the feeback I've changed the front page a little so it's now a little more clear on how the site works.

I really like the design and the idea is good also. The only suggestion I would have is in relation to the search feature. For example I typed Donnybrook and there were no items found and then I typed Dublin 4 and there were two items found. It might be nice to have a feature that showed places with parking within a short distance of areas searched regardless of whether or not a result is returned.

Thanks. This is now the case so we only show spaces within walking distance of the queried location. If no space is found you can now sign up for to receive notification as soon as one comes available.

2 - For your google maps I would have it so that each time someone clicks on a pointer they get a small highlight of each rental space. Each time someone clicks on the pointer the map should also center on that point. Just a suggestion

Thanks. This is kind of the case already. Although not immedietly obvious, if you click on the round disc beside an ad it will zoom in on that particular area. I'll try and make that a little more obvious and look into implementing the suggestion for the pointer highlight.

mcs

I like the idea - and it would work especially well at times of special events such as croke park / landsdowne rd / concerts etc.

Safe secure parking 200 yards from Landsdowne - Yes Please!

emb

Well, I like the general idea of the site although my first experience was not the best.

I've search for car parks in Cork and I got 0 results in return. :-(

kjf

Well, I like the general idea of the site although my first experience was not the best.

I've search for car parks in Cork and I got 0 results in return. :-(

Thanks for the feedback emb. We're in the process of encouraging more letting agencies and parking space owners around the country to enter their parking spaces. At the moment we're not yet had any from Cork but that will hopefully change in the near future.

In the meantime you should be able to sign up to receive a notificiation as soon as any parking spaces in Cork become available.

learnpipe

nice, clean layout - I like it

Hi,

Good job on the site design. I think it is clean and easy to follow. Love the colour scheme. Search is quick.

You need to get more spaces in there as was alluded to by one of the other contributors. I share your pain on that one - we face the same challenge with our own site. What search technology are you using?

BTW - Its a great concept. I was looking at some of the UK sites recently. Is it legal to rent out a private car parking space? What restrictions are placed on home owners that decide to rent out their space? Where can I get info. on any restrictions that might apply?

It would be great if you could cover those questions in your FAQ's. Daft or the UK sites don't offer such advice.

Good luck with the site.

regards, John

Status
Not open for further replies.