Status
Not open for further replies.

Busarus

we have built a partner site for another company....

the main part of which is pulled into their templates using an iframe

Canstar Community News with frame
Jobs in Manitoba from Canstar News and mbjobs.cawithout frame

in firefox everything works sweetly

in msie, it does not allow the login box to function - filling it in bounces me back to a registration page...

now if i check the original version of the site (ie without frame) it all works perfectly in both browsers

mystified

RedCardinal

Not sure how IE handles iframes. Could be a cookie issue from the sounds of things. I presume the login is using a session. Iframes have never been very popular - maybe this is one of the reasons why?

paul

Ninja
With PHP you could pull the content into another page. Or then there is javascript too, like the way adsense works. It all depends on what tools you have on hand.

Busarus

received this answer from a mailinglist i'm on....

"Could be a lot of things, but stabbing in the dark: Check for P3P compliance. The iframe'd site needs to have a compact P3P policy in place, and properly served up with the headers."

opinions?

could take me days to figure out the p3p stuff....

so does anyone have a quick and durty solution to work in the meantime

Busarus

i got it to work on my machine by adding the base url to the managed sites under privacy in internet options in msie

will get me past a demo tomorrow but is no use for our end users....

msie seems our login cookie as a third party cookie and doesnt accept it as default

louie

would you not be better off creatting a login pge on the main website and redirect back after passing some sort of session in the string to another page that will create cookies on that website address.
Your problem is more a security issue and IE settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.