Status
Not open for further replies.

googlebomber76

Louie,

Only a fool would by an iphone.....if you want a touchscren in Ireland, the lg Viewty is the only real option at the moment....HSDPA support and a 5mp camera capable of 120fps....it's a serious bit of technology....i've been road testing one sice december and it's a wicked piece of kit....

LG Viewty KU990 -Touchscreen HSDPA [LG Viewty KU990 -Touchscreen HSD] - €399.00 : irishmobile.ie, online store

o2 have are bringing out a new slogan "o2, see how much you can spend" :)

p.s there's a iphone hack out there for the viewty if you really want it to look like an outdated apple...

googlebomber76

just to add, apple are taking a share of the revenue from every iphones monthly subscription charge.....that's why voda told them to go jump.....

googlebomber76

If only we were in France .....

France are the worst spenders in europe on there mobile phones, it would take a lot for them to spend so much on a phone....mmm...maybe there launching it as an ipod you can put a sim card in if you like...:D

Wish we were in france as well....it's so hard to get a proper rare stake in this country.....

louie

My partner has an iPhone for the last six months and I have to say it is brilliant compare with my N95.
The LG.... I don't know never liked them ( I did have on before - it was never right)

googlebomber76

Lg always try to be different, i've had more than my fair share of them, some good, some bad, but always brilliant design and easy to use.....

It's hard to compare the viewty to anything that has gone before it, as a digital camera I think it's nearly worth the money alone....the phone is an added bonus, throw in 3g and youtube and it really shines.....

I never liked the N95 (returned it), I have an e65 for everyday business, I can get up to 50 calls a day along with emails and I have to say it's a little powerhouse of a phone, great for websites as well....would I change my e65 or Viewty for an iphone...No, but I am considering a Nokia e90 once the price drops again...

i'll buy an iphone when it's fully loaded with 3g and a decent camera but I sure won't pay over the odds for the pleasure.....

garycocs

Gow much is the cheapest you can get the viewty for? Bday coming up was thinking of getting the iphone use it with the work sim.

googlebomber76

Gow much is the cheapest you can get the viewty for? Bday coming up was thinking of getting the iphone use it with the work sim.

Pay as you go it's €399 with €120 free Credit,

If you want it as a bill phone it starts at €179 up to €299

By the way if you want a similar monthly plan to 02 offering of €49pm

With 3 for €49.98 (including vat)
You get 200 Anytime Minutes, 100 Any Network Picture, Text or Video Messages, Unlimited Data (10gb cap), free skype and microsoft messenger and the viewty will set you back €279, you will also be due a free upgrade in 10mts, also no insurance is required, if you loose, break or your viewty is stolen it will cost you €50 to replace....

If your intrested drop the guys over at irishmobile.ie an email and i'm sure they'll hook you up :D

garycocs

Was looking at a few of these on youtube, the touch screen looks a bit like the palm or something? Not sure about it? Is it the new type of touch screen that supports multiple touch?

googlebomber76

Was looking at a few of these on youtube, the touch screen looks a bit like the palm or something? Not sure about it? Is it the new type of touch screen that supports multiple touch?

Not sure what you mean by multiple touch??
The only touchscreens i've used are the htc, iphone and the viewty, The Viewty has a force feed back screen so you know if you've touched it correctly, the screen gives a little vibration.....

It's also quite good at running multiple apps and webpages....it's nothing like a palm, hard to describe it as the closest thing to it is the iphone....the iphone is cool and has a great interface but it's let down by the high price, lack of 3g and a decent camera...

I'm using the LG now since december and i'm finding it hard to move away from it, for all it's short falls it's still the best phone i've ever used....

With a 14day money back gurantee it's surley worth a look before the iphone....;)

garycocs

the iphone allows you to touch the screen in more than one place at the same time and recognise both touches, it's the new form of touch screen rather than the single touch "palm" type touch screen.

I found those screens buggy, while the iphone was definitely a step in the right direction.

will probably have to get my hands on it before I make up my mind!

googlebomber76

the iphone allows you to touch the screen in more than one place at the same time and recognise both touches, it's the new form of touch screen rather than the single touch "palm" type touch screen.

I found those screens buggy, while the iphone was definitely a step in the right direction.

will probably have to get my hands on it before I make up my mind!

The Touch function is definatly not buggy it works like a charm, Usually after a few beers I need to recalibrate the touchscreen as my sense of touch goes a bit funny...it only takes a second so it's no big problem...:eek:

Tried touching it in 2 places at once nothing happend, can't imagine why I would need to touch it in 2 places at exactly the same time.....the keybaord texting works great and there's only a split second between touches....

jck2003

Xperia x1

Xperia X1 seems to be a nice product and is to become a large competitor with the Iphone. Microsoft and Sony Ericsson are partnered. Maybe it wont be such a Rip Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.