Status
Not open for further replies.

andywozhere

Just wondering what anyone thought of the data published by Ireland Metrix who are part of Blue Metrix. They've data for 27 Irish sites. They included Dublinbynumbers as part of their trial and we look like pretty small fish so far, still it is nice to be included. they gave us a free three month trial but they intend to charge 350 Euros a month for their services, which means we'd need to sell some advertising fast to keep it using it.

Here is the link:

Ireland Metrix : Internet Audience Measurement : Top IRISH Sites : Ireland's Internet Usage Habits

n3tFl0w

350!! euro a month for what? To gather numbers? What?

Good luck to them. As for the top people in there - Its good to see so many keep eircom.net as their homepage!

jmcc

Just wondering what anyone thought of the data published by Ireland Metrix who are part of Blue Metrix. They've data for 27 Irish sites. They included Dublinbynumbers as part of their trial and we look like pretty small fish so far, still it is nice to be included. they gave us a free three month trial but they intend to charge 350 Euros a month for their services, which means we'd need to sell some advertising fast to keep it using it.
These lusers want money for your data? :) Google Analytics is free and is a far better product.

Regards...jmcc

link8r

Do they give you the numbers of the bigger sites (mind you these are probably posted for free by them anyway :p )

if it was €35 per annum it would be too much.

andywozhere

True. But that list of supposedly top Irish sites is far from complete.

Regards...jmcc

To be fair to them they only launched yesterday and they only have data for 27 sites. I think they plan to have 200+. They are also the only people publishing data of Irish sites as far as I know (other than ABC for a small number).

They said they wanted to get a spectrum of Irish sites, so technically speaking I don't think it is 'top' Irish sites. However they are not going to get a wide spectrum if they charge 350 a month. I went to the launch yesterday and the room appeared to be mainly full of advertisers and ad agency representatives.

n3tFl0w

To be fair to them they only launched yesterday and they only have data for 27 sites. I think they plan to have 200+. They are also the only people publishing data of Irish sites as far as I know (other than ABC for a small number).

They said they wanted to get a spectrum of Irish sites, so technically speaking I don't think it is 'top' Irish sites. However they are not going to get a wide spectrum if they charge 350 a month. I went to the launch yesterday and the room appeared to be mainly full of advertisers and ad agency representatives.

350 a month is ludicrous. Im sorry - but it is. Absolutely absurd to charge a company that much to do something that a company will do for free apart from the publishing results bit. And why is that even important?

I really can't believe this madness.

andywozhere

350 a month is ludicrous. Im sorry - but it is. Absolutely absurd to charge a company that much to do something that a company will do for free apart from the publishing results bit. And why is that even important?

I really can't believe this madness.

I'm not trying to justify the price... I'm just telling you what they said

n3tFl0w

I'm not trying to justify the price... I'm just telling you what they said

Oh I know. I didn't mean for that to seem like I was attacking you. Don't worry! :) I was attacking a ridiculous business plan that obviously got approved by someone...

jmcc

ABC only publishes indications for their clients as far as I remember. If Statcounter published a list of their top Irish sites then it would probably blow this scheme out of the water.

They said they wanted to get a spectrum of Irish sites, so technically speaking I don't think it is 'top' Irish sites.
It is very far from the top Irish sites. One of my sites would easily beat most of the sites on that list.

However they are not going to get a wide spectrum if they charge 350 a month. I went to the launch yesterday and the room appeared to be mainly full of advertisers and ad agency representatives.
Someone should tell these muppets that it isn't 1999 anymore. :)

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Seemingly they're offering the service to bloggers for free, though the criteria haven't been made public anywhere I've looked ...

andywozhere

New figures for November posted on irelandmetrix if anyone is interested:

Ireland Metrix : Internet Audience Measurement : Top IRISH Sites : Ireland's Internet Usage Habits

Daft are included this time and had 70416466 page views last month. There seems to be a bit of a difference between these stats and Google Ad Manager. Homewise for example records around 222K page views on Irelandmetrix and 69K on Google Ad Planner. Dublinbynumbers it is about the same on both (a measly 28-30K). Couldn't get Daft on Google Ad Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.