Irish Road Deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

seodave

Thanks for letting us know about this I will give it a plug today or tomorrow, also might try and put a few of my own suggestions in there. I wonder if we are hitting the mark on this one though.

Does anyone know what sort of people read blogs, any particular demographic? As far as age is concerned I imagine it's the older generation. Mainly male, but I think under 25 males are generally too concenred with their youtube, bebo and myspace to be blog readers.

I think a campaign targetting these social community sites would be a great move, perhaps that poliction Mr blake could start a push on it. I know police in the UK recently published a video on youtube about the murder of a black teenager in manc I think. It a similar road driving video was made to 'connect' with young people it could spread like wildfire.

Gavin

I'll give it a plug too.

I was shocked to see we have gone over the 300 death mark at the weekend after the latest spate of crashes, it’s always sad to hear that type of news.

I don’t think it has anything to do with getting the word out to the young people as we have plenty of those short sharp shock ads on TV about the dangers of drink driving etc.

We have way too many idiots on the road. Last week I seen a car overtake 2 buses and 3 cars on a country road, no wonder we have too many deaths.

The courts should be stricter on offenders. If your caught drink driving you should loose the license and pay a hefty fine, final. Speeders should get more points if caught and bigger fines.

With the extra money earned from offenders it could inputted into driving awareness and all sorts of road safety campaigns.

grandad

I've also plugged it.

I'm not trying to make light of the mess but I came across the following..

If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog.

When I saw that, my first thought was "yeah! A stupid Irish as*h*le in a souped up VW Golf, with go-faster stripes and a purple light underneath, who thinks he is God's gift to motoring".

Something will have to be done, but what?

Maybe with all the blogs tying up with the campaign, someone might come up with an idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.