Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Z

Hello Irish SEO

I came to Ireland and I see Irish SEO market is growing very fast. Lots of people looking for SEO services.
My question is.
What SEO techniques are you using mostly in Ireland .
ex. Web directories, Article directories, Links exchange systems (Link Vault or Coop) , thematic support websites?

raj

WHOA BUDDY !! :eek:

Search Engine Optimization is a global technology, and it is not specific to any particular region. Only businesses can change, but SEO rules/regulations/guidelines/programming backend always remains same. :)

louie

SEO is the same everywhere and to everyone, but some has their own little secrets (normal thing to do - that's what makes good SEO's, average SEO's and of course the others) that believe me will not make it available in forums.

If I tell you everything I know and how I do do it would you become my competition? Of course you would, so some things are better left un-said.
Sorry.

RedCardinal

Hello Irish SEO

I came to Ireland and I see Irish SEO market is growing very fast. Lots of people looking for SEO services.
My question is.
What SEO techniques are you using mostly in Ireland .
ex. Web directories, Article directories, Links exchange systems (Link Vault or Coop) , thematic support websites?
Same tricks work everywhere.

Some oddities about Ireland however:
1. low competition in many niches
2. Google has 90-95% market share on Irish search
3. low level of 'SEO' services on offer

On final point I mean that the are very few advanced SEOs in Ireland. Handful 'few' IMO.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Well every country would have its own colloquialisms and sayings. For instance you mite optimise for "Craic" on certain sites in Ireland, but you are not likely to in the US or Oz.

However this could be said to be as much a site to site thing as a country specific thing.

So aside from that I'd have to aggree its the same the world over, like maths and code :)

Voytec

Glengara, you've hit the nail on the head! It is filtering and penalties that could be making the difference. I remember at the time I was reading both Polish and English language SEO forums I was very confused seeing how different the guidelines and techniques would be. Eventually, I've dropped reading Polish resources as they seemed to be 'lagging behind'. I believe the main reason for that is how likely it is to be penalized for spam in Google.pl comparing to Google.com or Google.ie.

English language results are the most important part of the business for Google, so it's obvious that the most efforts to improve the search quality goes to Google.com. Local Google versions in different languages may be a little bit neglected, therefore, it's much easier to use gray hat techniques. It's very common to use link exchange schemes in Poland, even SEO companies on the first page of Google use it... There's also many other 'crappy' SEO techniques they use and I don't think many of these pages get harmed by that.

I can imagine that 95% of Google employees hired to evaluate webpages and penalize spam would be working with English language pages and the other 5% with all the rest. If that was true, it would by much much easier to do shady SEO in Poland than in Ireland.

glengara

I've seen a number of pleas to Matt Cutts from European SEOs to do something about the spam in their national Gs, you'd have thought if their algo/filters were as good as we think they are language would be an irrelevance in identifying things like links schemes hidden text etc.

Peter Z

We have the same filters and penalties like in Ireland.
Google has Polish Headquarters in Krakow, there people are working on Polish results only.

In my experience sometimes in google.ie is easier to be first than in Poland.
But I think that's why Ireland population is 4 mln people and in Poland 40 mln.

Voytec

The filters and penalties are most likely the same everywhere in the world, but algorithms are not enough to handle violations of Google guidelines. They need humans to review the flagged pages, deal with spam reports etc.

The Google branch in Krakow is for engineering and the one in Wroclaw for customer service. There may be no single person employed there to handle the search quality. I saw some ads for 'search quality associates' with fluent Polish here in Dublin, so I can imagine that there are some people working on those issues in every local version of Google. The only question is how many people comparing to the English language results.

See this video (around 6th minute) with Matt Cutts saying that he is sending his 'right hand' to Europe for six months. Why would they do it if it was all ok? It was end of the 2006. Did they handle the problem since then? I doubt it...

beachboy19

the irish run seo

my view of irish seo enviroment is that many,(if not most) of the top seo people are irish, at major seo confrences in the US it is very noticable.

Arch-Stanton

my view of irish seo enviroment is that many,(if not most) of the top seo people are irish, at major seo confrences in the US it is very noticable.

Yes, I would agree. I was browsing and found this Link where an Irish SEO is quoted as an authority on SEO.

Well Done "Dave Davis".......... great to see it.

adultstoreman

SEO who knows?

I knew absolutely nothing about seo one year ago now I have worked on a site and brought it to number one for a competitive business the adult entertainment business. We show in google.ie at number one for adult dvds, adultstore, adult store, adult stores, adult store ireland etc. Number 3 for sex toys number 5 for vibrators I could go on and on. Is this an acheivment or is it to be expected from a person like me with no prior knowledge of web design or seo? Comments please. just typ in those keywords and you will see the results. the store is adultstore.ie

ghost

In the results from google.ie
I count 6 Irish based adult sites Seo is easy when the competition is small
don't get complacent.

louie

... and to add:

your website should be high to the top cause the keywords you gave us are part of your domain name. It would have been a shame not to rank well.

Status
Not open for further replies.