irish times SEO training

Status
Not open for further replies.

seodave

Just noticed on the adsene above an ad for search marketing training from the irish times, heres the link::

Irish Times Training - Sales and Marketing - Search Engine Marketing

So a newpaper is now offering search engine optimisation training, I'd love to know who actually give this course, I'd bet it someone who has read the theory but has never actually got their hands dirty. 675 for two days training? Is it just me or is that cheap for this kind of thing, makes me think that its just a 10,000 feet overview and nothing specific.

Guuess this comes back to the point made in another thread about everyone and their uncles thinking the know seo and can teach others it too.

Thoughts?

seodave

I'd be particularly intersted in knowing their top 20 tips, oh I can just imagine meta keywords being in there somewhere

Gavin

Very interesting and like you I would also be interested in their Top 20 tips.

We should contact them and ask how qualified the trainer is and what experience he/she actually has, lol.

RedCardinal

Just left them a message requesting more info.

I did of course give an email address completly unrelated to RedCardinal :D

To be fair, the state that the course is for 'Marketing Executives, Information Officers, IT Managers, Marketing Managers and Business Owners'.

Not trying to tech implementation so you wouldn't expect to get much in the way of practical knowledge.

Could actually be a good thing.

TheMenace

It certainly seems a bit odd and ironic considering the quality of the Irish Times site itself. Especially the fact that it's paid-for, subscription only! I guess SEO is the new buzz term like accessibility before it. Bandied around and massively abused by people who don't necessarily have the skills or knowledge.

RedCardinal

I just saw the link on another thread, clicked it and landed on a page that made no reference to SEO course in question.

I had to click on the Marketing tab and then select SEO course in question. Funny thing as the dates for the course:

25/26 October

And they're still paying for all those clickthroughs :rolleyes:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw the link on another thread, clicked it and landed on a page that made no reference to SEO course in question.

I had to click on the Marketing tab and then select SEO course in question. Funny thing as the dates for the course:

25/26 October

And they're still paying for all those clickthroughs :rolleyes:

Maybe they need someone to manage their adwords campaigns :)

Redfly

And it looks like there is a lot more concentration on PPC marketing rather than organic search optimisation. Typical.

Fair play to IR for taking the initiative though.

Status
Not open for further replies.