Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Real Advice

Firstly I think your page design/layout could be improved.

The word optimise means to make better. The idea of SEO being something you apply to your website to make it perform better (in search results) is really a bit of a misunderstanding.

Unless your site was really impossible to crawl, had no content or clue as to what it was about and was highly inaccessible and had HTML errors, then you can't really do any more. If Google can read your pages, access them, then thats as much as that or a sitemap will do.

You have lots and lots of tags and meta-data. Google only reads a few.

I'm going to guess you've read lots and lots of on-site seo from boards.ie (where I see you post a lot too) and from other sites, and it's probably gone something like this:

1. A sitemap and an xml sitemap
2. Keywords
3. Page Title
4. Other tags
5. H1 tags
6. other on page stuff

Here is the reality (and Google have videos out to support these)

1. A sitemap helps where you have lots of pages (Try 100+) and there may be crawling issues. Google will invest time in crawling a site/indexing it based on the authority/importance of the site. Thus, the sitemap can help a webmaster determine if Google is not indexing a page because (A) it can't find it (B) it can't be bothered (C) other

2. Keywords can be garnered from content and other visible sources much better than an often bloated keywords tag. Doesn't really read

3. Important but dont dilute it

4. Google has a set number of tags that it reads. It probably (I expect, it makes sense as an engineer) loads pages through a filter - that 1) cleans up basic HTML validation, 2) removes tags it doesn't like 3) highlights other things 4) condenses text. Ok, I'm guessing but its really plausible. Whether they filter as a process or in-process, its not going to read tags it's not setup

I think you're trying to give lots and lots of information and thats good but you have a really small amount of content on your site, it looks a little amateurish (which begs the question: why don't your leads just make their own video, just a question in my head) and to be honest you're concentrating more on the search engine than the user

Here are some typical content/site issues you're may need to think about:

1. You're site is pitch-style - i.e. its written as if the website has been found, not to be found

2. Why don't you listen to the argument for SEO for people: I.e. why don't you use your site to showcase your professional experience, establish what it is you do and what sets you apart, why you should be hired, what it is you provide (beyond the obvious)

3. Customer quotations should be dynamic (load randomly or change) - should be separate from the site and should show credibility (that they are real)

4. your page is long and the layout is inefficient

5. Should a video expert consider having their own Youtube channel? if you think you're so good (no doubt that you aren't/can't tell really) - why don't you tell people, maybe blog about it?

Best of luck

Vertuboutique

Hi,

There is not words like over in SEO. Either you did keywords stuffing or not good link building.

Link8r gave good and informative details so you can check your website accordingly.

dadalmost

Ours are over optimized and we know what we do...;)
Try enter "website promotion articles by shulman"-our SEO site (under 1mln. Alexa in two months, PR 3 Google also..) comes first...Try enter "Niche Directories and Articles" -our new real-business-database comes N8 and it's only up to now...;)
brgds: Dadalmost

stephen186

Your keyword does not seem to be too competitive and a little work on link building can take you again to a #1 rank...

By the way..i really do not think there is anything like overSEO. i mean unless and until you are indulged in any blackhat SEO activities, there is no such thing like overSEO>>

sparky

Yes, get some links in to the site with the anchor text "Wedding Videos Cork" and you should be sorted.

Rgds

paddy12

link8r has mentioned almost all the things you need to do.There is no such thing as overoptimized as long as you are using white hat methods.You dropped in Google simply because your competitors are working to get more inbound links than you do. Just do what you are doing and you will be back on the track soon.

MWick

I dont think there is such thing as over optimized. Factors may have changed though. You may want to check that.

MPC

Over optimisation penalties do exist. I have seen this first hand and have no doubt about it.

MPC

Legendary stuff :p

Ours are over optimized and we know what we do...;)
Try enter "website promotion articles by shulman"-our SEO site (under 1mln. Alexa in two months, PR 3 Google also..) comes first...Try enter "Niche Directories and Articles" -our new real-business-database comes N8 and it's only up to now...;)
brgds: Dadalmost

link8r

Over optimisation penalties do exist. I have seen this first hand and have no doubt about it.

Care to share? Google have spoken clearly about having an absolute penalty. Many users fret over a site dropping - and due to frustration/lack of understanding - claim to be penalised when clearly there are many other factors involved.

Often people look at their own site forgetting that other sites might be altering relevancy to authority - thus their ranking changes.

joker

a low competition keyword are most likely can get top search engine rankings faster.

for the question: Have I over done on my page with seo?
I don't think so, maybe it is the others over done your seo that's why they beat you on the top position. or I can say, You haven't done anything wrong but it is your competition who did better and something right. :)

Have changed my site to a wordpress theme. I have dropped to no 9 for the term wedding video , was no 2. Also have to look at the H1 term on my site. Have to look into this, having issues at the moment. Was no 1 for "wedding video cork". Still building links and have a facebook widget on my site.

http://www.ashmoreproductions.com
Feedback on seo appreciated.

camelia

I've gone down the serp on " wedding video cork"
Have I over done on my page with seo?
Was no 1.

I'm ranking well for "wedding video"

Ashmore Wedding Videos. Cork based. Wedding Video and Wedding DVD.

I t think that there is no such term in SEO like 'OVER SEO'. I think that some of your good backlinks is removed or Google devalued your backlinks for one or more reasons. Hence, I request you to analyze your backlinks and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.