JavaScript Gallery With Picture Caption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter McC

I'm making a gallery with JS. It's a simple gallery, click on a thumbnail and the large image is swapped for the another image represented by the selected thumbnail.

Now, the problem is I need to have a different text caption for each image. So, when a visitor clicks on a new thumbnail the large image is swapped and so too is the text caption below it.

Making this happen is beyond my current abilities. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Peter McC

Cheers, some very nice bits and pieces in there. Only problem is we've already made the galleryies (about 12) but the changing text caption wasn't an issue until after the horse bolted.

The horse has since been 'horsenapped', held to ransom and then ridden to death. It's JavaScript or bust I'm afraid!

Peter McC

I've located something similar to what we're doing at that link you provided. I think we can extract the necessary parts without too much hassle:

Check here for the demo: Image slideshow

and here for the download:
Image slideshow

Thanks again for you help and the excellent resource.

ph3n0m

aye I was actually going to suggest an array of caption to be displayed dynamically based on the array of images used

Status
Not open for further replies.