Joomla 1.6 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron

A little bit of old news at this stage.

What are peoples feelings on the release of 1.6. I think it should really fix a few key areas such as user access control and basic SEO as well as deadlinks which is were Joomla could often fall down before.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to tackle the issue of "clients, it's time for more money"

shaneiadt

I haven't used Joomla yet but I'm hoping to dive into it once I finish doodling around with Wordpress.

sandeepji

Hi, "JOOMAL 1.6 Betta Version 4"That's I thinks it's an excellent exposure for all Because it help most for web - application as well as for SEO Person

Firefly Web

It's looking good

I'm really looking forward to the stable release of Joomla 1.6 - There's some very basic stuff left out of 1.5 that will be included in this. The main points I like from having a quick look over this is the new User Manager, new Category organisation, and of course the option for modules to appear on all pages BUT those selected, as opposed to the current setup which requires you to install an Advanced Module Manager. The SEO upgrades are much needed ones aswell. Overall, it looks pretty good, it has a nice interface, and should be a great improvement.

pfurey101

Its look great and will be great - except for the migration from 1.5 there doesn't seen to be any working plug or tutorial to assist.

I think Ill set up my next CMS site as 1.6 and see what its all about. There is a demo here Joomla! Demo

Click on the 1.6 button on the right.

Im not even sure if 1.5 templates work in 1.6 in any way.

Some dark migration days ahead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.