Joomla or Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I am in a bit of a dilemma!

I am looking at redesigning my current website and I can't decided what package to design it in. I have narrowed it down to two packages:

Joomla 1.5 or WordPress 2.6

Now I know a lot of you don't like Joomla and that's perfectly ok. But I have done a lot of work with it in the past and I like the vast add-ons you can get for it as well as the fact that I have learned and created custom templates for a number of Joomla sites.

I have played around with WordPress for a while now and I like the simplicity of the program. Its also very quick when it comes to loading.

My site is a web designers site that had been created from hand each time it was rebuilt. This time I want to try something different.

Its going to have a couple of pages with information and one or two contact forms.

I have also developed a payment site (which I currently include in a wrapper) this payment site is linked to a MSSQL database which in turn is linked to an MS Access base which in turn is linked to my Accounts software. The online payment option is important to me but it won't stand in the way of the overall new design.

So which would you recommend:
Joomla or WordPress !!!!!!
CMS or BLOG

babyboy808

Wordpress all the way! - Also wordpress can be made into a CMS

neweb

For something as small as this, there's no real point in either surely?
That may be true
But my goal is to run the CMS/BLOG software to make life a bit easer for me. I want to run a support Q&A section, a news section and a server update section.

Not that big but a lot easer to do with something like Joomla or Wordpress then hand coding everytime there is an update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software