Just noticed a copycat GIBO initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Just noticed a copy-cat of the GIBO initiative - with actual references to the same name. I'm an open-market supporter - I'm worried that Ireland has too little (insurance, banks, etc) but I'm not fond of straight out copy-cat tactics - it shows a lack of ambition, creativity and innovation.

In this case, its pretty lame. The site doesn't work. To me, its a clear "pass-off" case - trying to be someone you're not, even worse than copy-catting.

And the site doesn't work. About sums it up really.

Has anyone else noticed it?

(I've intentionally not linked to it)

Satanta

Has anyone else noticed it?
No, haven't spotted it to date. Did see your tweet about it earlier, but other than that and this thread I've not seen or heard of it (a good thing really).

Is there anything malicious happening there? (e.g. trying to charge fees to people who've been referred to the GIBO scheme through passing off) Or is it simply a similar free (but poorly implemented and executed version of the) offer?

Obviously I'm in no position to comment or judge just how far across the line this might be as I haven't seen it, but if you think there's genuine issues there it might be worth throwing a quick mail to the GIBO team giving them a little more background in case they're unaware of it.

link8r

Pop it into Google - GIBO - its a sponsored link. It even has another .ie as a redirect - that little phrase actually.

It's such a copy - its litterally purpoting to be the other site.

Status
Not open for further replies.