Leap card website - money well spent. Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOH

Just registered on the LEAP card website to top up a card online.
It's a horrible user experience.

Instead of basic terminology, such as 'Login details', they decide to call it 'Credential Information'. And then later on the same page forget that and call it 'Security Information'. They then don't bother with minor information such as the password requirements, so unless you're divinely inspired that you're required to include 3 of capital letter, regular characters, special characters, numbers you're going to end up being represented with the form and an error message - and all the details blanked.
They also ask for your date of birth for no reason i can fathom?

There's a translate option, which lists all the languages in English instead of the native language name, the list of available languages changes depending on what page you're on, and in the end it just calls Google translate, which isn't very professional. My French is a bit rusty, but:
'Puis-je Top-Up ma carte au irlandaise Machines billet de train?' doesn't make much sense.

Oh, and online top-up isn't actually online top-up. You pay for it online but have to visit a 'Load location' (because something like 'collection point' might be to confusing?) to collect the topup - a DART station, Payzone outlet, or ticket machine
And you may have to wait up to 48 hours before you can do so.
Oh, and if you top up at a DART/Luas station, it automatically tags you on, so you have to be travelling.

It's a joke of a system, from what I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.