Status
Not open for further replies.

baglady

Hi,

I am designing and optimising my own websites and I'm constantly building links, I try to add about 2 per week. Yet when I check link: + my web address baggotcourt.com it only shows 3 incoming links and none of which are my own website.

Is there something else I can do to get google to index the links I'm building, some of my competitors of 3 pages of links.

Thanks
BL

baglady

Thanks for helpful information. If there are any other issues with the website I would really appreciate knowing.

ThanksBl

paul

Ninja
well one question would be, why do you have the following text " Guesthouse Townhouse Bed and breakfast B&B Georgian Building Hotel" on the top of your webpage ? It's hard to read, it looks like you tried to blend it, abusing using h1 tags.

caminowebmaster

There are a few issues - for a commercial site the design is not great and has no call to action clearly enough.

The blue bar is horrible.

The titles need reworked completely - know what you are targeting.

You need a new design - I have just had a look at them all and they are not good - I am being kind, and I am not a designer looking for work - I am crap at design also.

You could get someone to design one site and use the template across all the sites - it would be a worthwhile investment.

baglady

Thanks for all the constructive feedback. I use FrontPage 2003 version to do design the site, so doing the best that I can. Because of the nature of the websites it’s difficult to keep changing the page content and the title each time Google caches the websites.

Is there a way around this. My understanding is that each time Google cache the sites I need to change –
1. Some text on the page
2. Title
3. Keywords
4. Build more incoming links

Are blogs any use for incoming links?

Thanks
BL

Choco

Google links

You have to log into Google Sitemaps and you will then see every single link pointing to every one of your pages. You will not see all of the links Google see by entering link:[site] into a web search. You need to look via Google Sitemaps login.

darkstar_tfd

I like to use Yahoo for searching my backlinks, they are updating much faster.

Webmaster tools from google is not showing all the links also, but it is a nice tool.

There are also some paid tools which you can generate reports with and show your backlinks and SERPs positioning. If you can afford it I suggest you try a paid sollution.

Kind regards,
Dks.

gav240z

some advice.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback. I use FrontPage 2003 version to do design the site, so doing the best that I can. Because of the nature of the websites it’s difficult to keep changing the page content and the title each time Google caches the websites.

Is there a way around this. My understanding is that each time Google cache the sites I need to change –
1. Some text on the page
2. Title
3. Keywords
4. Build more incoming links

Are blogs any use for incoming links?

Thanks
BL

1.) There is absolutely no need to do this. Yes it is ideal to have a blog which has fresh content for the search engines, but changing pages often is not a good idea.

2.) Your title should be static (if its a good title).

3.) Don't waste your time putting in the keywords tag, it is not being used at all, by any major search engine. Yahoo! might pick it up in some really obscure searches, but honestly its not worth the effort.

4.) Building links can be a good waste of time also. You are far better off writing good articles that attract links from others naturally than digging for hundreds of links around the web. That is unless of course you can get a link from a good credible source with "good page rank".

My suggestion is to dump Frontpage 2003 - If you really want to build your own website, I suggest learning CSS and XHTML. WSYWIG Editors like Frontpage do more harm than good in my opinion.

From the sounds of it, you need a content management system to handle your website.

May I suggest looking at the following Open Source Projects: (if you need something FREE).

Wordpress
Joomla
Drupal

If you seriously want to do well in search engines - design plays a major role.

raj

The layout is to simple and text is quite zagged ,at least this is how i see it.The first txt of your webpage is too small.So these are some of the shortcomings that i see.

zasbeauty.ie

I like to use Yahoo for searching my backlinks, they are updating much faster.

Webmaster tools from google is not showing all the links also, but it is a nice tool.

There are also some paid tools which you can generate reports with and show your backlinks and SERPs positioning. If you can afford it I suggest you try a paid sollution.

Kind regards,
Dks.
Could you suggest some paid tools taht are good for this darkstar?

baglady

Thanks all,

I've been thinking about getting dreamweaver cs3, is this recommended. For my type of business I would like to have images that rotate at the top, can this be achieved with dreamweaver.

gav240z

Thanks all,

I've been thinking about getting dreamweaver cs3, is this recommended. For my type of business I would like to have images that rotate at the top, can this be achieved with dreamweaver.

This is often achieved with Flash, but you can also use a php rotator if you are running a server that supports PHP.
A List Apart: Articles: Random Image Rotation

Dreamweaver is an advanced text editor WSYWIG. Which is useful but not absolutely neccessary for what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.