Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson2302

I need to buy a new laptop and have always used a PC, however I have heard that Mac is better for web design, is this true?

My one concern is the compatibility with windows and microsoft office? I know that mac can now run windows and microsoft office. My two partners in my new business are both PC users. I know that this used to be a nightmare, and mac and pc would not communicate at all, but has this really changed??

So what do you think, should I go Mac or PC????:confused:

peterarmstrong

Go for a Macbook, except I wouldn't install Windows on it.

Mac's can now communicate much much better with PC's. There may be a learning curve at the start, but I don't think you'll regret the switch.

garycocs

Mac all the way, short cuts and applications are class!!!

Just wondering about getting a mouse for my MBP? Is it worth it? The trackpad does so much already.

One of the only reasons I'd get it is for the right click and that's only for filezilla at that!!!

louie

I prefer PC as well probably because I am used to it.

Saying that, I was developing website in ASP and used it for several years, until I came across Blacknight for hosting where Paul with Michelle pushed me toward PHP. Never looked back and if I never said thanks, I will (one day).

Just installed MAC on a PC (dual boot) because I need to do some learning and requires MAC. See how it goes from there.

sparky

I need to buy a new laptop and have always used a PC, however I have heard that Mac is better for web design, is this true?

For web design alone, there's really no difference. A lot of people use Adobe Creative Suite for web design, and it's exactly the same on Mac and PC.

Where Macs are ahead is usability and reliability. Pretty much the only reason I don't buy a MacBook is I don't like the keyboards on them.

Macs can run Windows fine so compatibility shouldn't be a problem.

Rgds

johnson2302

Thanks to you all for your replies, it has been really helpful. I think I will have a closer look at a mac and if the funds stretch to it I will go for it!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.