Magento Encryption key

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I have installed the Magento software on my VPS server for my clients to add to there sites.

I tried adding it to an existing domain name but it asks for "Encryption key" at the very end of the first page.

I have tried leaving this field blank and putting in a series of numbers to get magento to install but it won't get past the first page.

When I click install at the bottom of the page I get the message
"Warning: You have specified incorrect values."

No matter what I do I can't get past this page.

Anyone any ideas????

I'm on a Windows Server running Plesk.
The installation will be part of the clients package.

alias

I tried adding it to an existing domain name but it asks for "Encryption key" at the very end of the first page.

Not sure if you mean at the end of the 1.2.3... installation pages, or if you actually have it up and running and are trying to add a second domain or whatever??

If you are talking about the end of the installation pages, you can let it auto generate a key for you, there should be a check box to allow this. You have the option of entering your own key to, but you should use the auto generated one IMO. After this key is generated it is displayed for you to take note of for the future. Copy and paste it into something you can save. If you have already installed magento and now need the key but don't know it, it can be found in the the local.xml file in (magento root)/app/etc/local.xml, in the node <crypt><key>.... the key might look like this... 0c0dc09016e9ea0dd85f2ad90704f77a

Good luck.

neweb

The software is not installed yet. Its happening on the first page of the install.

I fill in all the data and at the very bottom of the screen (last box to fill in) its asking for the key.

I have tried leaving it blank but it pops up an error.
"Warning: You have specified incorrect values."
(the only box highlighted is the Enc Key)

If I put something in the box I get the same message. I'm not sure if this is a plesk problem or a problem with Magento.

Status
Not open for further replies.