Making money from Adsense without writing content

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadcon

Firstly Hi to everyone as im new here :D

Im constantly reading about people who are making money (sometimes lots of money) by having adsense on their sites/blogs and constantly writing content to keep people coming back etc.

For me the thoughts of constantly writing content for a website sounds a lot like hard work for the following reasons:

1. Im too lazy
  2. I dont consider myself an expert at anything really ( well expert enough to come up with fresh content on a regular basis anyway)

Im wondering has anyone here made any money from a site that the users of the site generate the content.

What I mean is a site where people post to like the buy and sell or something.

I dont mean a forum either as I believe there is a lot of moderation work involved (correct me if im wrong)

I have a good bit of .net experience (not web based) but I have enough web knowledge to build a simple enough asp.net website.

Im not looking to become mega rich by doing nothing but a site that would bring in even €100 a month would be nice...

Thanks

Gavin

For me the thoughts of constantly writing content for a website sounds a lot like hard work for the following reasons:

1. Im too lazy
  2. I dont consider myself an expert at anything really ( well expert enough to come up with fresh content on a regular basis anyway)

It is very easy to get people to generate content for you but knowing how to takes hard work.

You are probably best sticking with a full time job offline if you are lazy and looking for the easy money. Making money online takes a lot of hard work and that's just starting with the learning side of things.

You would be surprised what you could be an expert in. I am confident you haven't been staring at 4 walls over the years and have learnt nothing whatsoever.

bigbadcon

Thanks for the reply

Maybe what I should of said is..

I can see myself getting writers block when it comes to generating content and I wouldnt consider myself much of a writer..

I have created a site a while ago as a learning curve to get some web dev experience.

If you look at lost/and/found/pets/ca/dotcom you'll get the idea of what I mean.

Obviously this site was never something I thought I would make big money from as it gets very very tiny amounts of traffic but its along the lines of what im hoping to achieve.

I dont have to maintain the site at all as the content is 100% generated by the user.

My question is really is does anyone have a site similar to this that actually makes money?

Im not looking to get rich from it but even 50-100 a month would be loads considering I wouldnt have to do a whole lot after the initial development..

sparky

If you have the dev skills then creating a site where users can generate content is a great idea. I have just created a reviews site exactly for this reason.

Rgds

Niche

Start your own niche article directory.

They submit their articles for the links, you get their content, loads of content, without lifting a finger

Shenick

1. Im too lazy

If you want to be an online publisher you have to publish content simply as that. If your lazy and dont want to write do something else, writing is not for everybody.

I know nothing about some of my subjects but using Dragon Naturally Speaking and simply talking saves so much time and the content just flows sometimes. Before I started using this software it was so hard to write and I even paid writers to do it for me. Now I do almost all the writing and can write 3/4 500-600 words article in an hour that's good quality content that I can publish on my sites. If you want to make lasting money with adsense you have to work hard.

bigbadcon

I have another idea for a website that I have a feeling might take off and im in the process of developing it.

I think the reason the last one didnt take off was because I grossly overestimated the traffic. I think I know better now..

Would someone have a quick look at my failed attempt to let me know if this sort of site is one that could make money (obviously if it were based on a topic that would generate high traffic)

Suppose it usually takes a few failed attempts to learn from before one actually works...

Status
Not open for further replies.