Marketing Via Google Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Seemingly Google won't be offering any tools for businesses on Google Plus in the short term

Discuss :)

link8r

They can't - you have to have a userbase before you can sell to them. That's what kills too many uneducated startups - they introduce a paywall without content or credibility. Advertising is a bit of a drain to users it seems :)

But seriously - I hope they don't for a while. Afterall - if it keeps users within Google, it keeps them on their search engine !

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Of course you need to have a userbase .. I'm just a little surprised ..
Though having said that, Google's track record with "social" sites hasn't been exactly stellar ..

link8r

No. They're a "blue" company, like Dell. Over analytical. When I saw the G+ Interface, I thought - ok, clean. Design: Non-existant. But then someone (a designer I hold in high regard, said he loved it). Apparently a lead designer in twitter left Google because they asked him to do statistical analysis of 52 different shades of Blue that they liked....

And hence the G+ interface. no design but it works. A bit like a Toyota. :p

I don't think it would take Google Engineers more than a day to drop in AdWords into the UI somewhere !

Disclaimer: I worked for Dell and drive a Toyota!

There are sp many ways to market via google plus.Some of the methods are:
1.Google hangouts
This will help you to connect with people.
2.Driving traffic
Through google plus you can attract and share the content and news about the company or the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.