Moo full size business cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Thanks to a post from davros over on Boards I see that Moo are no offering full size business cards

MOO.com | The secret’s out: MOO Business Cards are here!

I'm in the market for a few with my forbairt.ie address and new details so this works out nicely for me.

you can't order in small quantities and have a different picture on the back of each ... great idea maybe for websites you've done ... logos you've done and so on or as one of them put it ... just creating a pack of cards with your business card on the other side .... gotta collect them all :D

effect

out of curiousity, whats the advantage of using moo ?

Forbairt

out of curiousity, whats the advantage of using moo ?

their original cards seemed very cool ...

Now they do low print runs ... 50 ...
With those 50 .. you could have a different background on each one ... if you wanted.

to be honest I've not investigated fully but the ones I've seen for non graphic design type people are very cool.

Prices seem quite good as well ... think I'm going to give them a go

To sum it up to me their stuff seems like the Mac vrs PC debate :D them being the Mac. Up to now however they didn't offer standard size business cards.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
They made a name for themselves with the mini-business cards which a lot of people generated from their Flickr streams

The Walsho

Moo seem decent, but I just ordered from vistaprint.com, and found it handier (they allowed me to just upload my own finished design and have that printed, not sure Moo allow this), and for a very good price.

Forbairt

Moo seem decent, but I just ordered from vistaprint.com, and found it handier (they allowed me to just upload my own finished design and have that printed, not sure Moo allow this), and for a very good price.

I've got a few pens that I did up with Vistaprint .. quite happy with the result I must admit .. but not quite as polished as I would have liked them to be.

Cormac

They offer a recycled print option too which is nice.
I contacted a printer in Dublin a few weeks back about getting some cards done and the first thing I asked was if they use recycled paper. They said they didn't so I told them to **** off and I used another company.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Printing.com's local office in Carlow has all the recycled card options. They cost a small bit more, but hopefully it's worth it :)

Forbairt

define a bit ? .. I think I paid 160 with snap printing before when I was in a hurry ...

there seems to be a place on nassau street that seems to have people praising them a good bit ... and they are quite cheap ... I like the fact I can pop in ... maybe ask them a question face to face ... and make sure I've not screwed up the colour formatting

Forbairt

unfortunately at the time I was in a hurry ... I found the cost a bit horrible to bear :D ... but all other options were a bit ... iffy at the time. Not to mention other printing places gave me a higher quote.

Ah well ... if I'd had time I'd have shopped around more ...

Will be using moo shortly to do up some new business cards with the new .ie address ... think its looking at being around 30 quid or something (shipping included) I could be wrong on that though.

effect

with snap and reads you're most likely getting digitally printed cards, wait till you can afford a litho run, they'll look much better.

Forbairt

think I'm going to try maxing out what I can get from Moo and seeing if I like the results :) low number initially 50 or so ..

Debating what to put on the other side of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.