Mother's Day Gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtermilkJack

This is always a tough one for me, especially this year as my mother's birthday is the day after Mother's Day. But I've recently completed a website for a Complementary Therapy Centre near my parents home and was thinking of some kind of voucher or gift shop purchase.
She also loves gardening so I suppose I've plenty of outs ;-)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Let's work on the basis that I don't want to get a voucher .. I want to get a tangible item...

ButtermilkJack

I'm the same... every year she asks us all for garden centre vouchers and we all say no, that we want to get her something else. But lo and behold we always end up buying the vouchers. Either through lack of imagination or lack of time (mostly the former :eek: ).

I have my thinking cap on so will post with any inspired ideas...

Redfly

Might work for yours - mine would be offended

LOL, mine too.

I am lucky, my mother goes away every mothers day with all her mates. We pay for it. Portugal this year. Mothers LOVE holidays.

A night in powerscourt with a mate is always a winner.

Redfly

ButtermilkJack , I didn't know you were Swords based.
Where are you?

Seems there are more Fingal heads in here than any other... minority.

davidbehan

I'll be in NY for mothers day so I'm sure to be able to pick up something she'll like over there. Plus I get a few extra days to find something. I hope I don't forget with all the paddy's day celebrations and the rugby and stuff!!! :D

Ideas... weekend break away is a good one or why not bring her out for dinner and spend some time with her? Not on Mother's Day... bad day to go for dinner but during the week, or the following weekend... spend the whole day doing something with her... things that she likes, e.g. museums, garden centres, etc (i know they can be boring but you do it with the person cause they like it)! Personally I know I don't always get the opportunity to do something like this but it is always a good one compared to "here's your present". Spending time with someone is better IMO!

Dave

johnmryan

I know Money is a terrible gift - but its better that buying her some piece of crap she does not want - also the chocolates and flowers - of course LOL

ButtermilkJack

ButtermilkJack , I didn't know you were Swords based.
Where are you?

Seems there are more Fingal heads in here than any other... minority.
I'm in Ridgewood, working from home at the moment.
I noticed you're in Swords alright, was gonna PM you about a project but it fell through in the end!

Redfly

I'm in Ridgewood, working from home at the moment.
I noticed you're in Swords alright, was gonna PM you about a project but it fell through in the end!

Hahaha. No Way. I'm in Rivervalley. Samll place Ireland.

OT: My mother decided she wanted money. I love when they don't make you surprise them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.