Moz Rank and ranking in Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubos

I am working on getting a website close to the number 1 spot in google ireland search for a particular search term. It is currently in 6th place. I have a chrome plugin installed which gives some information about mozrank.

The result for my website is:
Page Authority 22
MozRank 4.12
Links 3 (I have added a lot more since though)

For the Root Domain, domain authority is given as 15

The website that ranks one result higher in google has the following:
Page Authority 17
MozRank 0.354
Links 1

For the Root Domain, domain authority is given as 7

I know there are a lot more factors to consider but everything seems to be in my favour, my question is, What other factors should I be looking at in order to get my website above this other website? Could it be that my site is being deducted some ranking points because of links on a dodgy link site (I dont think there is).

link8r

Have you tried speaking to seoMOZ / the mozzers ?

seoMOZ - really super folks, I've met SEOMom twice (at DCU). MozRank is a really neat piece of software kit but it really gives a narrow view, but much more indepth than just a decimal PageRank score. But also, on a different algorithm (albeit it reverse engineered and somewhat testable). There are many things it can't take into account - Google's specific domain weighting, age of domain and search history (linked, obviously, to domain age). These may (or may not) be crucial factors in this issue.

Some Questions:
1. What's the age of your domain
2. What's the age of your competitors/who are they? Wikipedia is pretty tough to beat but not impossible - check "Car Insurance" or "Cheap Car Insurance"
3. Why do you think there might be dodgy links (Freudian ? :p - I jest)
4. Have you checked the CTR tool in Google Webmasters ? (arguably not only the most powerful tool in SEO but utterly dispenses with the need for 3rd party software in SEO - but that's just my opinion)

tubos

Thanks for the reply link8r. I'm new to the SEO side of things, I have reluctantly had to go into it, so am reading up on a lot of stuff, too much stuff at the moment, so it is always good to get some direction from others who know what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.