Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I give up, you lot are too cynical for me.

In all fairness, if people where coming across as cynical then its probably due to the fact that they are unhappy with the services they are receiving.

Had we got the same service from Namesco as we did from Register365 (No more no less) then the comments on this forum would be totally different. This forum would have been full of well wishers and luck for the new NamesCo and the past register365

The cold hard fact are that standards and services have dropped. That's why you have cynical comments on this forum.
And all of this in just 12 weeks. What most people here are thinking is "If things have dropped that much in 12 weeks, what are we heading for by the time they get there own systems in place."

In my personal opinion, I am happy with the servers but unhappy with the support, like most people on this post.

Almost all posts have been about the very poor service support we are getting from NamesCo. I myself have had the same issues with support and I might add some good one's. Only last Friday I had a problem with the renewal of a domain name that was resolved in under 6 minutes and that includes dialling the number and waiting while they sorted it out.

On the other hand. Who are NamesCo to decide my issue is resolved! An issue is only resolved when a client gets there problem sorted and not when NamesCo feel they gave a good enough answer.

Personally I thing the dropping of the EasyApps is NamesCo testing the waters to see what happens when they pull such a stunt. If they get very little feedback then they will try it again with other services.

I think hosting365 is avoiding the fact that we are all looking at the dismantling of Register365 as we have seen with other companies over the years.

Give it another couple of months and we will be looking at blog posts and emails with the comments "Due to the bad reputation Register365 has received over the past year we have decided to close Register365 and move all clients over to our parent company NamesCo"

Would the last person to leave the server please click START>TURN OF COMPUTER!!!!!!!!

hosting365

Alan, as you said yourself, you've also had good (if not impressive) service from the namesco guys.

I've seen their plans for Register365 and am, to be honest, excited by them.

Register is the largest and by far the most successful domain reg and hosting provider in Ireland and, despite anything, continues growing and signing up customers at rates way in excess of all the competition.

Sure if all they wanted to do was dismantle the company, it would have been a lot cheaper to simply enter the market themselves :)

Jabberwocky

I think hosting365 is avoiding the fact that we are all looking at the dismantling of Register365 as we have seen with other companies over the years.
No, not a notion, they paid more for the branding than the customers. Not that it makes a difference.

Hey, we've all seen their plans for register 365 and they involve pumping their Irish customers for every penny they can get. I'm none too sure why you'd be excited by them though, since you aren't involved with the company any more.

If anything, in fact, I'd be concerned if I were you, since this whole sordid affair is painting hosting 365 and its management in a very poor light. Why would I want to do business with a company that would sell me and my clients up the river, leaving us in a much worse position, in order to line their directors' pockets?

Simple answer is I wouldn't, and I'd advise anyone else to keep away from hosting 365 and their high-profit dedicated servers in case they wind up in the same position as me, just as soon as it becomes convenient to management.

Register is the largest and by far the most successful domain reg and hosting provider in Ireland and, despite anything, continues growing and signing up customers at rates way in excess of all the competition.
The inertia will keep carrying it for a few years, thats what branding is worth, then it will grind to a halt and drown under the waves of misplaced avarice. Seen it before. Posts like this are just the pebbles rattling past your ears.

hosting365

Jabberwocky, with respect, you haven't a clue what you are talking about and I find it interesting that the only posts you've made on this forum are to bash Register365.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky, with respect, you haven't a clue what you are talking about and I find it interesting that the only posts you've made on this forum are to bash Register365.
Feel free to correct me on any particular point there, like a good man, and I found this forum while I was looking for a place to complain about 365, so its hardly surprising that complaints about 365 are the bulk of my posts (not all however, another fact you've managed to get wrong).

I seriously doubt I'll be the last either.

neweb

Alan, as you said yourself, you've also had good (if not impressive) service from the namesco guys.
I don't remember using the word impressive. I said good :)

The problem is, most people are going on there own experience and that can't be ignored. I do understand there is a transition period but I think the more people are unhappy then the quicker they will sort out there support and other problem if they are genuine about there intentions.

12 months will be the deciding factor if that title is to stick. I for one was always happy with Register365 as a reseller. You always felt you where part of the team. That's not the case now. Maybe that will come back (one day).

Sure if all they wanted to do was dismantle the company, it would have been a lot cheaper to simply enter the market themselves
Cheaper yes, faster no.

If you want to get into a market then you set-up shop here, if you want to get into a market at the top of your field then you buy an already successful company and take on there clients. Hay presto you enter the market today and tomorrow your the biggest in your field.:)

Jabberwocky
I hope you don't mind me saying but I don't think you are helping or being productive in any way with some of your comments. Using comments like "like a good man" and slanging off 365 with pointless comments is not helping anyone.

I can understand your frustration at the situation but most of use here are going through the same thing, its just that we take it a different route.

Again, I am not having a go, its just better for all if this topic stays on track. :)

Jabberwocky

I hope you don't mind me saying but I don't think you are helping or being productive in any way with some of your comments. Using comments like "like a good man" and slanging off 365 with pointless comments is not helping anyone.
Yawn. If I'm being told I haven't a clue what I'm talking about by captain PR up above, I can respond as I see fit. Your opinion on my responses is profoundly irrelevant to me.

And if hosting 365 hadn't left me in a rapidly deteriorating situation which it will be expensive and timestaking to climb out of, for their own personal gain, they wouldn't be taking flak now, would they? And I'm just one. There will be thousands of businesses that will remember this action by Hosting 365.

Hope the money was worth it, lads.

hosting365

Jabberwocky - why don't you PM me your register365 account ID and domains and any/all issues that are effecting you and I will personally escalate and work on a resolution to your satisfaction with the namesco management.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky - why don't you PM me your register365 account ID and domains and any/all issues that are effecting you and I will personally escalate and work on a resolution to your satisfaction with the namesco management.
Thats actually fairly generous of you, and one of the reasons I stuck with 365 for so long. However I don't feel that I was in any way unclear as to what my issues were. I'll outline them again:

1. Support seems to have been transformed into a number of tickets closed game. This is either some middle manager gaming the system, or now that I think about it their support division has probably been outsourced and requires through an SLA a minimum percentage of closures per week in order to keep the contract.

This is unacceptable because customer issues are not being resolved with a single ticket response. It is, however, extremely unlikely to change.

2. The more important issue is the dramatic double-digit percentage price hikes, at the start of a recession no less, as if businesses weren't under enough pressure.

Given that I am fairly sure that the shared hosting and domain reselling business operates on razor thin margins, in all probability the Hosting 365 management sold that division in full knowledge that price hikes were going to happen, away and far above the price hikes instigated by Verisign (never mind that said price hikes would be more than eaten by the exchange rate).

It is even possible that this was used as a selling point. While I admit this falls into the realm of speculation, the fact of it is that mine and many, many other businesses are now under pressure from an unexpected quarter, and should by rights be expected to take our business elsewhere, and should further feel less than enamoured of the group that horse traded them off to line their pockets.

You can shrug and say, hey, thats just business, and we will do the very same as we pack our bags and hit the road. Doing so in the short term will cause more financial hardship, but in the long term there really is no other option.

Are you going to tell me you can have any impact on either of these two issues?

hosting365

On issue one, the support team are in-house in namesco's office and I've personally met a bunch of them. They're solid people who, for the most part, like in any larger provider, know what they are about and do a good job.

On issue two - domain name prices have been increased, in line with industry wide and ICANN increases no doubt... but I've noticed no other price changes..

Neither of the above are very specific, nor can I help you with 'general impressions of decline'.

To be honest, the only price change is a euro or so on domains, if that puts your business 'under pressure' then it's not perhaps register365's business model you need to worry about.

As for your constant niggles about 'lining pockets' - as I've clearly stated before, on my blog and in other posts, the entire proceeds of the deal has already been reinvested in hosting365, allowing us to continue growing our team, expand our data centre in park west by another 8k feet, open a second 4k feet data centre in Dublin 17, built out two 'cloud' sites for our VMware powered cloud platform, and rebrand and refocus the company. The sale (again) was a strategic move that allows two completely different focuses to separate, ultimately benefiting both halves of the business.

Again, I'm willing to address any concrete issues you are having - if you have tickets that have been prematurely closed, for example, I'll happily bring them up with namesco senior management...

Jabberwocky

On issue one, the support team are in-house in namesco's office and I've personally met a bunch of them. They're solid people who, for the most part, like in any larger provider, know what they are about and do a good job.
Well that answers that question. Maybe they have an internal SLA. Doesn't change the reality on the ground, however.

On issue two - domain name prices have been increased, in line with industry wide and ICANN increases no doubt...
Really, so they increased their prices by seven percent? Let me ask you, what exactly was the percentage increase? Because to me it looked more like thirty or forty percent.

but I've noticed no other price changes..
Those are the only price changes that matter, or did you not read my post on hosting costs versus domain name costs? And then again we have the "yet" issue.

Neither of the above are very specific, nor can I help you with 'general impressions of decline'.
Ahahaha, point out to me where I said anything about general impressions. I gave two very solid, verifiable facts, backed up by multiple other posters as well as the 365 website.

To be honest, the only price change is a euro or so on domains, if that puts your business 'under pressure' then it's not perhaps register365's business model you need to worry about.
Yes, well some of us believe in giving customers value for money and quality service rather than mindlessly inflicting the greed of others on them. Some of us of course don't.

As for your constant niggles about 'lining pockets' - as I've clearly stated before, on my blog and in other posts, the entire proceeds of the deal has already been reinvested in hosting365
Yes, the highly profitable dedicated hosting section of 365, I especially liked the cloud buzzword, makes it all sound very cutting edge. So are you telling me that the potential price increases were in no way a draw for Namesco? Actually, while you're at it, what percentage of your staff are based in eastern europe?

Again, I'm willing to address any concrete issues you are having - if you have tickets that have been prematurely closed, for example, I'll happily bring them up with namesco senior management...
Yup, didn't think you had any real influence on them.

hosting365

Jabberwocky,

The price increase was 1 Euro on a domain - from 6.95 to 7.95.

For me to continue taking anything you say seriously, please verify that you are even a real customer? PM me your account ID / domains and I can personally raise your concerns with Namesco management.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky,

The price increase was 1 Euro on a domain - from 6.95 to 7.95.
Heh, ah this gets better and better. See, Namesco forgot to change the price on their register renewal emails, and those tell me that .coms used to be €5.95, got one only a few days ago. I'm not sure whether you are uninformed or they simply aren't paying you enough. Sloppy, sloppy.

For me to continue taking anything you say seriously, please verify that you are even a real customer? PM me your account ID / domains and I can personally raise your concerns with Namesco management.
I'll tell you what, I'll pm you my contact details just as soon as I am well clear of Namesco and anything to do with it. If you badly need to let them know, raise them the URL for this thread.

As for taking me seriously, I seem to know the pricing structure of register 365 better than you do. :p

Solyad

This is the personal touch I miss most from Hosting365. In fairness to ye, ye always went the extra mile, this seems missing from Namesco.

(there was a few times I pm'd on boards.ie and in fairness for the boss of the company to help a very small customer, well I was very impressed...also the support guys always asked was there anything else they could help with and never just closed the tickets. Namesco just close.)

About the domains though, they were 5.95 a little while ago as I bought and renewed this summer so its a steep enough increase on their part.

I think Namesco need to work hard on being personable rather then being a faceless organistion. For a start it would be nice for one of their guys to come on here and be open to questions and queries.

Also it would be nice if they communicated some of these exciting plans, its the not knowing what the hell is going on that. Also when things are being removed such as EasyApps, again some communications would help.
At the very least Namesco need to start pushing out an email with whats going on, or start a blog.

Mind u I will say I had a support query dealt with very well last week, perhaps its a sign things are starting to change.

hosting365, are Namesco even aware of this thread and the gripes people are having? Do they care?

hosting365

Thanks for the feedback Solyad, and if you ever need colocation, dedicated servers or virtual server solutions, you can experience the same 'extra mile' attitude still at hosting365.com ;)

As for communication - see register365.com blog - Jason Smith posting is the Operations Director of Namesco and a very solid guy, knows the business extremely well (in it longer than me even! ) and has ambitious plans...

I've dropped him a note about this thread also...

Solyad

Might give you a shout on virtual servers some stage actually... might be something in the pipeline. Checked the blog, now all they need to do is put stuff in it!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
As for communication - see register365.com blog - Jason Smith posting is the Operations Director of Namesco and a very solid guy, knows the business extremely well (in it longer than me even! ) and has ambitious plans...

I've dropped him a note about this thread also...
If he's so clued in why is he saying that .eu domains can be registered for 10 years???

Also - at least one member of Namesco staff has been a member on here for weeks but has not bothered to reply once - as usual you are defending them (when you're not advertising your services of course)

hosting365

Meeeeoww ;)

Also, to be fair, why would I not defend them - as Solyad and other posters, and lots more customers in direct feedback to me have verified, the experience is improving. I've had a good look at their systems, their teams, their management and the customers experience in the UK and simply know them to be excellent at what they do and exceptionally well resourced. So really it's not so much defense as highlighting the things I know about them that might not be apparent at this early stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.