Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Tried to reg 5 .com domains on NetworkSolutions.com tonight when i got to the shopping cart the domains were listed at $34 each
I hit the cancel and backed out , But it got worser and worser , my five domains are now registered to NetworkSolutions.com and I cant reg them with any one else , I have just read up on front running domains so I know whats going on , just really p..d off now , does any one know how long they will hold them or will they end up for sale some where else ??:mad::mad::mad:

ghost

I thought I was the only one up at this hour
ghost, Yahoo! Slurp (34), MSNBot (1), Google AdSense (1), Google (1)

Tom

Heard about this a while ago and just had a look at their site. It says they put it in place "in reponse to customer concerns", crazy, I wonder who that was. What about all the customers who've been complaining about this. And I wonder how can it protect against front running unless the front runners have access to their own search. I suppose spyware might be an argument but it seems more like an excuse. According to their site the domain isn't even reserved for the person who searched for it, which is even more crazy, anyone can still register it but through them. If you wait 4 days it will be released, if it does I'd probably register it somewhere else. :p

ghost

NetworkSolutions.com front running domains

I think the real problem I have with the Network Solutions scam is I am now held to Ransom pay up or risk losing the domains.
I contacted them last night through their web site and requested them to release the domains no reply yet , thats why I was up half the night.

ghost

NetworkSolutions.com Scam
From what I am reading looks like four days I am going to hold out and see what happens .
The reason I was on the Network Solutions .com site is A client of mine has had 4 domains registered with them for some time I recently took over admin for his domains and was paying renewal fees ,so while the credit card was out I decided to reg a few for my self , I never checked the price until I got to the shopping cart $34 each :eek: did a u turn went back to my normal registrar to find them gone.

http://http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/25/network-solutions-icann-sued-over-domain-front-running/

The only thing evil needs to prevail is for good men to do nothing .

TheMenace

[sarcasm]Network Solutions. Ripping people off? My... my God. My whole world has been turned upside down. How could they do such a thing. They have such a good reputation.[/sarcasm]

n3tFl0w

Is every registrar not doing this now? I thought it was pretty common. Would be nice for it not to happen but unfortunately it does.

If someone gives me the name of a company that doesn't do it then I buy all my domains from them in future.

Anouilh

I think the real problem I have with the Network Solutions scam is I am now held to Ransom pay up or risk losing the domains.
I contacted them last night through their web site and requested them to release the domains no reply yet , thats why I was up half the night.

It looks as if many domain seekers wear people out, then benefit from having tired them. I was interested to see that a book I wrote many years ago is listed quietly by a large internet company. It seems that "Caveat Emptor" is no longer enough. Perhaps we need new protections for people who create new material on the net and for those whose past work is being watched?

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Is every registrar not doing this now? I thought it was pretty common. Would be nice for it not to happen but unfortunately it does.

If someone gives me the name of a company that doesn't do it then I buy all my domains from them in future.
Are you taking the piss?

Name another registrar that does do this.

ghost

seems that "Caveat Emptor" is no longer enough..

I think the buyer will go somewhere else, This practice will only harm Network Solutions in the long run .
I certainly wont deal with them I am transferring 4 domains away from them already and will advise others to do the same.

ghost

alls well that ends well

I contacted them last night through their web site and requested them to release the domains
Got mail from net sols this morning

We do apologize for the inconvenience this had caused you.
Please be informed that the domain names that you have listed were already released from our domain reservation policy.
We hope that this information has been helpful.

All were available and are now properly registered with an Irish Company

Status
Not open for further replies.