Status
Not open for further replies.

TOPriceIE

Hi guys,

I've been working on this site for quite some time now and I believe it is ready to be used.
I am aware that there are a few areas where it can be improved but with such a big project I have to set priorities. One of the biggest problems is poor quality if feeds provided making the site messy. I am currently working on ajax platform that will allow to fully control products provided in the feed.

Site : Online Shopping & Price Comparison - Compare Prices Ireland

Thank you kindly for constructive comments, hope they will help me improve the site.

Talk to you soon about online marketing.

link8r

Nice site, just some quick thoughts

1. Logo: Even with the "P" in a different colour, it still looks like To-Price - but maybe that works
2. Colours seem a little dead or asleep (disclaimer: I'm slightly colour blind) - needs a little livening up
3. You could add a popular-comparison section, esp for browsers / "voyeurs"

Claudiu

Hey there,

I have some feedback but as I'm in the office at the moment won't be able to write a full review. Just a quick note, sanitize values inserted in the search input box and probably in other areas of the website (haven't checked). MySQL injection is evil :)

I'll be back later with other feedback, but overall it looks like a really nice website, good work!

TOPriceIE

@link8r

I actually do get that quite often from people sending me an email but you can type it with two pp in browser and you will get straight where you should:) rest is just a brand recognition I believe.

Claudiu

Hey again,

Didn't get a chance to reply last night so here goes:

1) Links should have a mouse-over instance (same goes for buttons)
2) Love the slider, but the first image confused me the first time I got to the site, I thought those are buttons
3) The ads below the slider are too much. It's hard to focus on the rest of the website when all that content is changing. I suppose you're selling advertising space in there. I would remove them and include a screenshot with where would my banners go if I would advertise with you, in the advertising section.
4) Lastly, I think you should rework the inside pages a bit. The box that appears under the content would be more suitable as a sidebar for example and I would really put more work into the "Our partners" page.

The whole website looks nice tough, clean design. As long as you try to keep the look of the inside pages as much as possible similar to the homepage you'll be fine. For example, headlines on the first page are black with that small blue icon, try applying that on the inside pages. Same with the layout.

Why don't you have a HTML blog instead of PDFs? Just saying,might improve SEO, get more visitors to the site...

Hope it isn't too harsh or anything, it's just my opinion, which might as well be wrong :)

TOPriceIE

@Claudiu

1) I understand that you are talking about changing colour for links and similar for buttons?
2) Images in sidebar will be redesign according to promoted category.
3) Perhaps banners are not the best but i like the idea, I think it is just a matter of personal taste but we will see how it will work out - you could be right
4) Regarding the box on the bottom it is on to do list and both pages webshop and pagerank on 'our partners' are mine just had to fill the space ( I have no time to work on all those sites need more hands wrrr:)

For the category pages I want to add pictures of cattegories and keep it in table as well to match the front page, just cosmetics. Main focus will be SEO for the moment.
I do have a blog WP based. This pdf report was just a project suppose to be monthly report but again there is too much to do at the moment.

Over all it is a good opinion and I am glad for any comment.

Claudiu

1) Exactly that, yes :)
2) Ok, I understand that, just make sure the image doesn't contain elements that look just like other elements on the page, personal opinion
3) They're nice, I didn't say take them out for ever, but you might be better off having them static?
4) I kind of thought that's the case but wanted to make sure, just let us know when you have an update on those as well :)

Best of luck, you're on the right track there!

TOPriceIE

Hey,

I worked on the other pages as well, making them look like the front page.

Please let me know what do you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.