New Google Analytics interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martina

Maybe I'm just getting old but I don't like what i see when I log into Google Analytics this morning!

I'm just not finding the new interface intuitive, and I don't like the long narrow default trend graph.

paul

Ninja
I think it will take a bit of getting used to in the GUI. They do have a nice feature where you can now see where in Ireland your traffic comes from (granted people need real geo info IP's) and then you can save it to the front page, so I guess you can easily customise things if you so wish. I.E. the top number of things you look at on Analytics

paul

Ninja
Too true. It took me 5 mins to find out where I could edit the date ranges. (hint: top right corner ;))

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think it will take a bit of getting used to in the GUI. They do have a nice feature where you can now see where in Ireland your traffic comes from (granted people need real geo info IP's)
That's laughable

It will work quite well for the US, but anyone who claims that is accurate for Ireland is fooling themselves

davidbehan

I like the new one. I think it's easier to find what you are looking for. You can roll back to the old one if you like it. I'd say it's just going to take a bit of time to get used to.

Martina

The old interface will only be available for about another month, so we'll have to get used to the new one whether we like it or not it seems ;)

RedCardinal

Well I think they still have a few very serious bugs to iron out. I was logged into the Google account of a certain client in FF, logged into my own account in IE and when I went to GA under my own account lo-and-behold it had me logged in under the clients account. When I tried to view their account it displayed one of the other domains under my own account with the FF clients name. I tried to log out and it wouldn't let me. Total cack. And where do you report this?

Now there's no way that IE had access to FF's cookies so I reckon it was due to the IP. So what happens when more than one person logs in from behind the same IP? Very dodgy.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Now there's no way that IE had access to FF's cookies so I reckon it was due to the IP. So what happens when more than one person logs in from behind the same IP? Very dodgy.

Interesting.

That could easily happen to me at home, as there are two of us managing several accounts each..

It could never happen in work though :)

/me pats his vpn

Redfly

Too true. It took me 5 mins to find out where I could edit the date ranges. (hint: top right corner ;))

Wish I had have read this before I wasted my 5 mins :)

Overall though, I think it is a good improvement. There is a lot more data immediately available and fixing the back button issue is a godsend.

I think we will also see a lot of great third party integrations fairly soon.

geraldo

Firefox bugs

What about Firefox?! Am I the only user who's basic dashboard won't load (lot's of rotating arrows); the date range dropdown won't work; etc.

geraldo

I guess I'm on a hard luck day then. Seeriously, I'm running GA on a number of domains and they're all showing the same bugs in the new interface but continue to work fine on the old.

Surely if I needed some kind of plugin I'd get a prompt from Firefox, but I can't imagine the new interface requiring something additional that wasn't necessary for the old one...

Redfly

I guess I'm on a hard luck day then. Seeriously, I'm running GA on a number of domains and they're all showing the same bugs in the new interface but continue to work fine on the old.

Surely if I needed some kind of plugin I'd get a prompt from Firefox, but I can't imagine the new interface requiring something additional that wasn't necessary for the old one...

Yup, it is certainly YOUR FF.

Try from another machine.

RedCardinal

You don't have flashblock installed by any chance?

dereko

I prefer the old ones too :(

The only possible reason someone would prefer the old interface is because they are used to it. The old one used to make me want to throw my computer out the window it was so cluttered with useless information in the wrong places.

I absolutely love the new interface, i actually decided not to use analytics because of the interface and slow stat updates but now as someone else mentioned I feel sorry for any companies like re-invigorate creating a stats program company.

If only for the love of god they would make the stats instant, that really really annoys me because all other stats programs (statcounter, re-invigorate, getclicky, etc) are all instant. How hard can it be!

Status
Not open for further replies.