New IIA Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
looks a bit too like a joomla site for my liking ...

contrast is ouch as well ...

Also ... I'm loving the mailto:info@iia.ieinfo@iia.ie

ph3n0m

Heh well despite what they claim, their homepage is not xhtml valid

[Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.iia.ie/ - W3C Markup Validator

And why they are using javascript to solely validate form entry is strange - turn it off and voila, I can start messing (entering a bad username/password just gives me the page refreshed - doesnt even tell me what I entered wrongly)

and for fun and games - Irish Internet Association - Site Map - requires you have javascript enabled - go on turn it off and refresh the page :)

Forbairt

I'm loving the ...
Code:
 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ....
if you've got javascript turned off ... :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm loving the ...
Code:
 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ....
if you've got javascript turned off ... :)

How did you get that?

I got a similar error when I was trying something in the members' area with Javascript turned on...

Forbairt

Disable javascript ... login in test ... click forgotten password .. look at bottom of page :)

RedCardinal

and for fun and games - Irish Internet Association - Site Map - requires you have javascript enabled - go on turn it off and refresh the page :)
I like that one, but the real kicker is the WAI - AA badge in the footer of the page.

Obviously a soft launch to ease in the new site. I think it's a little overdue actually - Fergal mentioned this a long time ago.

Another bigger problem is that nothing has been redirected - all the old cached .asp pages now churn out 404 errors. Every time I see this it kills me...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I am hoping and praying that the current iteration of the website is being worked on, because it has serious issues.

The extranet is semi-functional in FF, but is really broken in Safari. I haven't tried it from my linux machine, but I'd suspect that Konqueror won't work either, as they're using some crazy ass wysiwyg editor that doesn't work properly with FF on windows (plugin downloads, installs and you get the same error)

Status
Not open for further replies.