Status
Not open for further replies.

vendexo

Hello,
I would like to both introduce a new Irish affiliate marketing network, and ask for your help to get it going. The software behind it is developed in Ireland, and it is hosted in Ireland. It is the Vendexo Affiliate Network. Vendexo.com is an Irish business whose aim is to provide e-commerce solutions to merchants, including a platform to help them to promote their products and services. The Vendexo Affiliate Network enables merchants to:

• create ads for their shop/products/services;
  • manage the affiliates who partner with them to promote the shop/products/services;
  • specify fees to be paid to the affiliates for clicks, links, leads and sales (flat fee or a percentage of sales);
  • view performance statistics for their ads, and to see charts and metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
  • void referrals for sales which were cancelled or returned;
  • specify higher reward levels for high performing affiliates;
In summary, it provides merchants with a platform to get more relevant and interested visitors and to grow their business.

The system takes care of paying the affiliates on behalf of the merchants to keep the administrative overhead for merchants to a minimum.

The help I need is to get a critical mass of merchants and affiliates using it to get the ball rolling. Only legitimate online merchants will be accepted, and the usual classes of "unacceptable" products and services are not permitted (more detail in our terms and conditions).

If you would be willing to help me get this going, I will help you promote your business. For a limited period there is no sign-up fee for merchants, and for affiliates there never will be.

I am looking for suggestions on how to grow this network, and get it working for Irish merchants. Please share your thoughts.

For more: Vendexo Affiliate Network www.vendexo.com/aff/

Thanks for your help,
Stephen

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why would anyone signup with you at present? There is no indication of which merchants are available

vendexo

If this is a discussion forum where people can help and support each other, then maybe some of the members here will give me some advice? That's really what I'm after now.
Thanks.

davidbrett

Speaking from experience it can be quite difficult to build up an affiliate network from scratch. You will constantly encounter the chicken and egg scenario - Merchants will ask you "What Publishers/Affiliates do you have?" and Affiliates will ask you "What Merchants do you have?"

It can be a slow process. In order to succeed you will need a few early adopters to show a leap of faith in you.

In order to do this I would ask the question - What will make your network different/better than the others out there? Are you looking after a particular vertical? Are you going to promote Irish Business Primarily?

Hope this helps.

vendexo

Hi David,
That's precisely the issue I'm facing, and why I'm posting it here to get help on it.
I think that focusing on Irish businesses initially, although a small market, will make it easier for those affiliates whose content and publications are aimed at an Irish audience to find relevent businesses to promote. I also believe that the low costs for merchants will appeal to Irish merchants in the current difficult financial climate for Irish businesses. Also, if they need help, there is an Irish person to answer the phone and provide assistance.

Thanks for your comment.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the bigger affiliate networks have either an Irish or a UK office (or both)

What is your USP?

As a merchant I obviously would like a lower cost for things, but if you don't have any publishers it's not going to be worth my while

vendexo

While that is the case, I believe the following points will make the system worthy of consideration:

• It is initially aimed at an Irish user base, of merchants, affiliates and the end consumer who the merchant is trying to attract. Therefore, the targetting is more precise for the Irish marketplace. This means: it is easier for the Irish merchants to get their ads published, and it is easier for Irish affiliates to find products to promote which their readership wants to buy.
  • Low cost, both in terms of sign-up and ongoing. It think this should help merchants who may have felt locked out of other networks because of the high cost.
  • It was designed to be very easy to use, with comprehensive online help when needed.
  • Local support by developers of the platform who know its operation inside out.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well then you need to get your website to work for you.
At the moment there is nothing on there that shows ANY of that.

vendexo

and on that note you might benefit from some site critique also on this forum http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/site-reviews-announcements as the site is a little....raw - if you're interested in such feedback that is?
The general template is deliberatly kept clean, if a little raw, as once logged in and using the full functionality of the site there is a lot of information to display and of different types. An overly complex and constrained design in the general template would complicate these inner pages. I wanted to keep the same look/theme throughout the site whether logged in or not.

That's not to say that it cannot be improved, however. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software