New offline payment option for e-commerce merchants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briask

Would think it appeals to the older age groups too.

I know my parents are reluctant to part with money over this new fangled interweb thing whereas popping down to the local post office to have a chat with the trusted postmistress to catch up on the local gossip is a pleasure!

Having said that, it would have no appeal for me, actually getting to a post office is a bit of a nuisance.

Redfly

Hmmm, it's a good idea, but only Irish merchants can use it. Most people shop online to get things they either cannot get in Ireland or are cheaper from oversees.

If you are going to walk down the post office, why not just walk down to the merchants high street store?

googlebomber76

If you are going to walk down the post office, why not just walk down to the merchants high street store?

eh hello......ever been outside the pale....we've got a garda station, centra, spar, co-op, post office and the farmers market on a wendsday......

I'll always try and buy a product off an irish website first......saying that those vintage playboys from 76 were no where to be seen on google.ie : )

For city folks it might be a waste of time but for the rest of the country it could be a winner as choice is something were missing.......

Redfly

eh hello......ever been outside the pale....we've got a garda station, centra, spar, co-op, post office and the farmers market on a wendsday......

I'll always try and buy a product off an irish website first......saying that those vintage playboys from 76 were no where to be seen on google.ie : )

For city folks it might be a waste of time but for the rest of the country it could be a winner as choice is something were missing.......

Ahh, very good point. :)

googlebomber76

First Real Sale processed using go&pay - Customer figured it out all by themselves and paid in the post office...

I really hope this catches on- no more chargebacks and no more pay pal - life would be a dream;)

Spiralli

I think that it's a nice option for sites doing a large turnover, but I expect it will count for a marginal percentage of transactions. The whole point of shopping on the internet is that you can do it from the comfort of your armchair.

The market segment I see it appealing to is kids and teens who don't have access to creadit cards.

Spiralli

Agree that it is diminished but it can still take a chunk of that market.

My reasoning stems from my own experience as a teen with the attention span of a gnat.

If you have no credit card the go and pay system could be seen to give the illusion of immediacy - i.e. "I've done the order, now there's only the insignificant matter of popping down to the post office and paying for it". As compared with the teen who's 3v card is out of credit, who would need to go to the retail outlet, buy credit, come back and do the orde... "Oh look, Big Brother is on".

With the go and pay system, I imagine you'd be frequently reminded that you need to pay by email before despatch, as the order has been logged in the system and will stand until paid or it times out. With typical shopping carts that would accept 3v, my understanding was that the order doesn't get stored as an order until the card checks have been done? I may be doing the younger generation a disservice with my generalisations - apologies!

Spiralli

You can easily set a timer on the order, I've mine set to 7 days but i'd say 3 days would be better as it puts "urgency" on the buyer...

Nice to know. The on-site FAQ is a little sparse on those kind of details. Are the nitty grritty details on the actual gateway integration posted anywhere?

googlebomber76

Nice to know. The on-site FAQ is a little sparse on those kind of details. Are the nitty grritty details on the actual gateway integration posted anywhere?

The Integration was simple, they sent me on the payment module, I installed it and hey presto it worked first time....
Don't think the detail are on the site but if you contact them direct they should be able to help you out, it was a lot easier than I had thought.....

dropbop

I personally use 3v vouchers myself. I have credit cards but when buying online I find 3v to be much safer. If anyone trys to hack and get my details they can only spend as much as I have on the voucher.

After reading the posts in this thread I was talking to a few people I know who I thought would go for something like paying at the post office but they said its a pain in the backside going to the post office, not just that its out of the way but the q's can be a bit lenghty too.

I reckon that an intergration with the bill pay thingys that are in most shops these days would be a better option. Scan the barcode from a printed invoice and pay at the shop, just like paying your gas or ESb bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.