Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone recommend an off the shelf solution for running promotions / competitions etc., on Facebook?

I've looked at several including Interactive Promotions for Brand Marketing by Wildfire Promotion Builder | Wildfire Interactive, Inc. Powerfully Simple Facebook Applications | North Social and Involver: The Web's Most Trusted Social Marketing Platform

They've all got some pretty nice solutions, but their freemium model seems to be very much focussed on pushing their own name and marketing them over the business using the app in question
For example, WildFire sends promotional emails for other people's campaigns to your users!

Any suggestions or would we be better off just creating something from scratch?

shaneod

I had a look at wildfire, their promotion builder looks nice enough.

however i am stunned at the price of their Social Media Marketing Suite - it gives you 3 more basic enough apps, they look nice n all, at the price of $2,500 per month. Is this madness or what? that basically gives you a point n click page builder, some social media stats and a place to reply to all your social media in the one place ... all of which can be done for a lot cheaper using reasonably priced apps or even free ones.

I am stunned at their pricing, $30,000 a year and you have to do all the creative work yourself, they will rent you a human for even more money on top of that price. astonishing! - making hay out of the social media sunshine.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the social media apps are like that.
You often have a free version which promotes themselves heavily
A "lite" paid version which is missing all the useful features you actually need.
then there's a HUGE gap
and you have the "enterprise" version that costs a fortune ..
There's a lot missing in the middle

shaneod

Ha yea exactly however in this case their page builder yoke, entry level, is $2,500 per month - it goes upward from there. You could have a web designer make iFrames, to do the same, for less cash.

Seems way off target for a DIY point and click style app, the whole point of which, I thought, was like iPhone apps: Price it reasonably and get volume in. Because it is all automated you can have as much volume as you want. Serious gap in the market there for someone to do the same if they price it right.

Speaking of facebook page builders, Pagemodo is good but quite restricted - any others out there?

Social Media Stats, anyone got good recommendations?

North Social looks quite good for Facebook page apps and competitions as well and much more reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.