Status
Not open for further replies.

handybaby

Hey guyz,

A simple survey.

What is the best online merchant that work perfectly in the Irish market?, Most reliable, support your choice.

List as many as you can, get your engine running...

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
For me in the irish market the only one I'd deal with would be realex as was already said ..

I've no american ecommerce sites ... so its never been an issue for me ...

I've done work for another payment processing company in ireland before but I'm not sure to what level they took things ... and don't think they've made much of a name for themselves so I won't mention them ... :D

Paypal would be the other ... easy option

Orinovo

I've no american ecommerce sites ... so its never been an issue for me ...

Not so much ecommerce sites but cart software that easily integrates a payment solution into their system without much hassle, some asp and .net carts I have mostly have US payment providers, paypal, google checkout or Protx and that is is it. Anything else is custom scripting.

handybaby

Does realex accept Laser Card Payment.. Most Irish Website doesn't accept laser payment.

Does anybody know the best Online Merchant?

Ann=)

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com

louie

Most Irish Website doesn't accept laser payment.

You can not accept Laser card if you are using the 3D secure system, but otherwise you should be able to - still a high risk.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
[/i]
You can not accept Laser card if you are using the 3D secure system, but otherwise you should be able to - still a high risk.

What are you talking about?

3D secure is for Visa / Mastercard. It's got absolutely nothing to do with Laser.

louie

i don't really follow you, probably because I am tired or you are narky but anyway here is my last reply
louie said:
You can not accept Laser card if you are using the 3D secure system (another version of Realex CC processing), but otherwise you should be able to - still a high risk.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
i don't really follow you, probably because I am tired or you are narky but anyway here is my last reply

And that still doesn't make any sense.

If you are using 3D secure you are using it for Visa. You wouldn't try to use it for Laser as it's not supported. Is that what you are trying to say?

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Laser and 3d secure are nothing to do with each other.

Complaining you can't use 3d secure when using laser online is like complaining you can't use your credit card pin number when your paying with cash in a shop.

3D secure is extra security measure used by mastercard and visa. Laser are just an Irish debit card if have a merchant account with your back that accepts both then you payment processor will accept both.

googlebomber76

3D secure is extra security measure used by mastercard and visa.
Is 3D secure the only way to protect yourself against chargebacks? I understand it pushes the libality back to the bank?

I've used 3d sercue on dells' website and found the whole process a pain in the *****

Paypal have absolutley no protection for Irish Merchants, I've taken a hit a few times, paypal would lodge the money in my account, i'd send out the shiny new phones and then pay pal would take the money back...:mad:

3D secure insures this will never happen again, am i correct?:confused:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
3D secure is for anti-fraud.

Basically if you use 3D secure and are PCI compliant then you can protect yourself against fraud.

It won't protect you against chargebacks from people who claim that the goods weren't received etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.