Online store setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leahpmullins

Hi

I have missed a big portion of my college year for due to illness. I have managed to sit my exams and think I have done enough to get through... however I have to abandon my ecommerce project and just do it as a repeat during the summer :-(

I have a big flair for web design and development and am very comfortable with PHP, Javascript, jquery, MySQL etc. so I'm not a complete novice!! However the project requires me to set up an online shop and this is something I know next to nothing about!

I have to implement and document two versions of the store. 1 using Paypal and 1 using Worldpay. My understanding of the difference is that I can set up worldpay instantly without needing to deal with banks or credit card companies but the world pay one involves setting up a merchant account with a bank?? It this correct?

It would be great I could bounce a few questions of some of the more experienced designers and developers here to get started ..

I've been looking at a few tutorials on paypal and that looks like it might be straight forward enough .. One thing I am wondering is, is it possible to set up dummy paypal accounts for testing purposes? i.e. one to be paid into (the store) and one to pay from (the customer) ?

Many thanks in advance. I really appreciate any help you can give me. Hopefully I will be able to return the favour and answer some of your questions too.

Leah

php.allstar

Hi leah,

Never used worldpay but have used paypal.

To set up test accounts on Paypal, have a look at the paypal developer sandbox - I've used these on all my ecommerce projects. The API is great and it works very well, simple to setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.