Status
Not open for further replies.

michelkhan

[FONT=&quot]I have optimized so many sites and also achieved better result and better traffic. But when i am going to optimize joomal website I am failing to get my target. target means better ranking and good conversion.

Can anybody suggest how to optimise joomal website.

Thanks[/FONT]

louie

I have found in the past that Joomla based websites tend to be a bit slow to browse so that could be one of the reasons, but also ranking depends on your competition and website ninche....

kflanagan28

aahhh, i have spent the best part of two months trying to work out if Joomla is worth using from an SEO stand point. I have tried the shsef404 plugin which you will be recommended. But I just don't find it very SEO friendly. I implemented some hacks regarding nofollow tags so there are away around the limitations.
I did a few blog posts around my experience with joomla. I won't drop a link as that looks like shamless spamming and I know its frowned upon on here.

But just to give another source for good infor Joomla Search Engine Optimization, Training and Templates - Alledia.

You can PM me if you want a link to the blogs posts I did on my experience with Joomla. I have decided to just use Wordpress and Xsitepro2 for any sites I put up. But I won't be putting up any large dynamic sites so that may not be suited to your work.

Cheers

Kieran

MPC

I gave up on Joomla after been hacked for the 3rd time. Wordpress from here on I think.

thomas09

[FONT=&quot]I have optimized so many sites and also achieved better result and better traffic. But when i am going to optimize joomal website I am failing to get my target. target means better ranking and good conversion.

Can anybody suggest how to optimise joomal website.

Thanks[/FONT]

Hey,

If your internal pages are dynamic, rewrite those links static urls.

sampatrick

There are a lot of things you can do in order to optimize your Joomla website.

Here are some of the tips on Joomla SEO to help you optimize your Joomla website for attracting more visitors.

• You can reduce the number of articles that appear on your front page.
  • Enable caching feature for your Joomla.
  • It is important to disable or remove all the components, plug ins or modules you are not using at present.
  • Work towards installing an additional database optimization component.
  • Minimize the number of internal and external links on your pages. Just leave the ones that are most important.
  • Enable debugging from the admin area of Joomla, go to global configuration and analyze the number of queries executed. The higher the number, the slower your applications will run. Remember that if the number of queries is more than 50, you must disable the extension that makes the most of the queries.
You can easily optimize your Joomla site via following all the points mentioned above.

:)

Hafsoh

You can use sitemap in order to make sure that all your content has been successfully crawled by search engines, just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.