Status
Not open for further replies.

kittykatg5

Hi guys, My PR is a measly 2, I've tried and tried and tried but am getting nowhere. I've read so many posts about increasing backlinks but find myself going round in circles or blindly trying things but not knowing if I'm getting any benefit. Can anyone give me a Dummy's Guide type advice to getting real solid backlinks. I don't want to be posting in forums or blogs that have no interest to me nor do i want to be annoying people who take the time to write genuine interest pieces.
I am considering buying them but again is this blackhat or at least some bit grey..... I know that.edu's have the most weight but again how to I make a holiday home complex in Youghal prevalent to an .edu. I really want to get our new website going in the right direction and can take the time to build solid back links if anyone can give me solid advice that would be great

Schism

What is the website link?

Worth bearing in mind that time is an essential ingredient in SEO success - it's an ongoing process and it's important to have solid strategy and execute solidly against it, otherwise you might be setting yourself up for frustration.

Hi guys, My PR is a measly 2, I've tried and tried and tried but am getting nowhere. I've read so many posts about increasing backlinks but find myself going round in circles or blindly trying things but not knowing if I'm getting any benefit. Can anyone give me a Dummy's Guide type advice to getting real solid backlinks. I don't want to be posting in forums or blogs that have no interest to me nor do i want to be annoying people who take the time to write genuine interest pieces.
I am considering buying them but again is this blackhat or at least some bit grey..... I know that.edu's have the most weight but again how to I make a holiday home complex in Youghal prevalent to an .edu. I really want to get our new website going in the right direction and can take the time to build solid back links if anyone can give me solid advice that would be great

Noble

If you can't do it yourself you can hire someone (Fiverr is cheap) that can do it for you. Besides having the quality and relevant backlinks there is no other ways to increase the PageRank value.

mikegeller

I think you need to mix it up, means try to gain backlinks from every way but dont try to decrease the quality of backlinks. In my opinion first try to get free backlinks by contents marketing on article websites, guest blogging and forum. if your posting have quality then surly these are the best way of getting backlinks.

brianbaru

Even only having one good backlink can give a PR of 2. I would't fret too much about page rank. It's a bit over rated. Just make sure you only link from relevant sites with good content. If these sites are any good their rank will increases and so will yours respectively.

paul

Ninja
If you can't do it yourself you can hire someone (Fiverr is cheap) that can do it for you. Besides having the quality and relevant backlinks there is no other ways to increase the PageRank value.
absolutely don't do this !

Kitty : maybe concentrate on links from relevant industries, your suppliers, clients or other similarly aligned businesses. A links from companies based in Singapore, China , Russia, etc won't really help you (unless your businesses is a global type of business).

brianbaru

absolutely don't do this !

Kitty : maybe concentrate on links from relevant industries, your suppliers, clients or other similarly aligned businesses. A links from companies based in Singapore, China , Russia, etc won't really help you (unless your businesses is a global type of business).

If someone offers you 1,000's of backlinks for $5.00, the quality of them can't be great. All 20,000 forum profile links can offer you is one big fat footprint that will get your site slammed but hard. The best thing you can do is examine the top 10 sites for your keywords and copy their link profile where possible and add a few other ones. For your own sake, don't take the lazy way out. It takes the same amount of time to get 5 quality backlinks as it does 20,000 worthless ones. Link directories are no harm. People say they are getting de-indexed but I've yet to see any proof of any quality directory sites being dropped. What are they going to do, de-index DMOZ? I doubt it.

brianbaru

"I don't want to be posting in forums or blogs that have no interest to me nor do i want to be annoying people who take the time to write genuine interest pieces."

Forum posting or blog commenting is a great way of getting powerful backlinks. I have yet to see any site that ranks well that does not have forum or blogs linking to them. Why would you say no to an easy relevant PR6

backlink? Just don't spam them & make a meaningful contribution. Write articles on quality sites linking to your site and then backlink them. That will pass some PR to your site.

huyducle

I just can advice you that keep build link point to your website because that's only way to increase PR for website.

Fergster

I wouldn't get to hung up on PR at the moment Google may not be using PR as part of its algorithm soon as their patent is about to expire and has yet to be renewed.

I guess what you need is an SEO audit on your site. Drop me a PM and I will happily do one for free. Just send me over the site address and keywords you want to target and I will give you a report that will give you some sort of guidance

Cheers

Marc

brianbaru

I'm not sure they they will not be using it, I would have thought it's a fundamental part of their ranking system. Their patent is about to become non-exclusive and in 2017 will be completely expired so they really have no choice in the matter. What system would they use if not PR?

I wouldn't get to hung up on PR at the moment Google may not be using PR as part of its algorithm soon as their patent is about to expire and has yet to be renewed.

I guess what you need is an SEO audit on your site. Drop me a PM and I will happily do one for free. Just send me over the site address and keywords you want to target and I will give you a report that will give you some sort of guidance

Cheers

Marc

Fergster

Thats the big question floating around at the moment and you know Big G always has something up their sleeve and will probably roll out some new addition to their algorithm.

They problem they may have with their patent not the patent itself but the intellectual property rights. Check this quote from google

"Circumstances outside our control could pose a threat to our intellectual property rights. For example, effective intellectual property protection may not be available in every country in which our products and services are distributed. Also, the efforts we have taken to protect our proprietary rights may not be sufficient or effective. Any significant impairment of our intellectual property rights could harm our business or our ability to compete. Also, protecting our intellectual property rights is costly and time consuming. Any increase in the unauthorized use of our intellectual property could make it more expensive to do business and harm our operating results.Companies in the internet, technology and media industries own large numbers of patents, copyrights and trademarks and frequently enter into litigation based on allegations of infringement or other violations of intellectual property rights. As we face increasing competition, the possibility of intellectual property claims against us grows. Our technologies may not be able to withstand any third-party claims or rights against their use."

So they may be fighting a loosing battle or need to make more money to pay for their legal teams bills :) Thats why I think they are working on a new approach.

But hey! You never know whats next with Google

Status
Not open for further replies.