Status
Not open for further replies.

lostie

I cant use mod_rewrite unfortunately, the sites not hosted on apache. So I have to do redirections the long way. Was just onto h365, they said they have dedicated ip's for the .com and .ie, and the reason why they have the same address was because the nameservers, esat, had the cname for the .ie pointing to the .com, thus redirects from the .ie wont work until this is fixed. So they gave me the unique ip address which the .ie is supposed to have and told me to get onto esat. So I called esat and told them what I wanted to do, he didnt really understand why I wanted to do it, kept telling me that it kind of is redirecting to the .com and that this was the best it was going to be. Technicians dont seem to take SEO into consideration obviously. Anyway I finally made it clear what I want done, we need to change the A-record to point to the unique IP that h365 gave me, and this should sort things out. Cant make any changes til boss comes back on monday so it'll have to wait. Does any of this make sense to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.