Status
Not open for further replies.

eurojen

Can anyone advise how to implement Pay By Phone on a website. Ie customer buys on site and relevant fee is billed from theire mobile phone. I assume there is a provider within Ireland, but have not located any.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Jen

Would also be interested to hear more of the system behind the donedeal site. No credit card - no problem. Customer places their ad, last step of the ad placement process they get a 4 digit pin code, they dial a premium phone number, key in their 4 digit code and the integrated system instantly publishes their ad, and the cost gets billed to the phone. Very clever opening a service up to such a wider audience than confining to ccard, paypal account owners etc..

eurojen

Hi TwoHeadsWebDesign

Since my last post, I have located sremium.com that handle donedeal. Their site is all very cloak and dagger, but I am awaiting a reply from them.

php.allstar

I've been looking in to this myself.

I was going to go down the route of premium rate sms at opposed to a phone call.

Keep in mind that I was planning on taking micropayments around €2.50 per ad.

The only drawback holing me back is that opco's (Vodafone, O2, Meteor etc) can take up to 50% on premium rate sms's last time I checked.

Here's what I was hoping to do:

1. User places an ad on my site
  2. User sees preview of ad
  3. User is presented with a pin code to activate the ad
  4. User send the pin code in an sms to my premium rate sms provider
  5. SMS provider recieve pin code from user
  6. Payment is taken as it is a preium rate sms
  7. SMS provider call operation on my web service
  8. Ad is now ready for administrator to publish once they approve.
The main companies I found offering this are Púca - Powering Mobile Marketing in (Ireland) and Buy digital goods with your mobile (global)

php.allstar

Cloak and dagger is right. All their biz must be done through targeted B2B - no chance of Stumbling over the site and thinking hey, thats a service I could do with. Makes it all look a little.....covert...

I smell a rat... turn off javascript and look at the sremium.com website ..... look at the hidden links.....I don't think a reputable company is going to be up to that crap.

@eurojen - how did you work out that donedeal use sremium?

phonovation

hi

If anyone would like advice on Pay by Mobile just ask. We do this type and other forms of mobile billing.

Paddy Woods - Phonovation

Status
Not open for further replies.