Status
Not open for further replies.

dereko

Need a payment gateway/processor for basic online payments that accepts laser and doesn't require a merchant account. Any suggestions?

davedave

Have you used Chronopay before? and if so are you based in Ireland?

I spoke with their head of sales recently and he said that currently they are unable to work with Irish merchants as they do not have any relationships with Irish acquirers. I was going to list them on my site if they were able to provide services for Irish merchants but they said at present they are not.

nevf

AIB charge €190 to open an ecommerce merchant account + you need the site live(plus full page of refund policy, shipping, terms and conditions, etc.), full investment details and a detailed three year business plan...
The registration fee will be €190, this is just a once of payment. The merchant service charge will be 2.5% for all credit card transactions and 25cents for all debit card transactions. If your MSC & Laser transactions combined do not equal €30 per month then you will be charged a minimum monthly fee of €30.

Then on top of that, Realex will charge a whopping €249 for the basic gateway ability.... In all fairness to Sagepay, they're a lot more reasonable on the fixed costs (free setup fees)...

imported_Eoin_

Have you used Chronopay before? and if so are you based in Ireland?

I spoke with their head of sales recently and he said that currently they are unable to work with Irish merchants as they do not have any relationships with Irish acquirers. I was going to list them on my site if they were able to provide services for Irish merchants but they said at present they are not.

Not used them, but based in Ireland. I emailed them on behalf of a friend who wanted to set up an online store, but they obviously didn't read the part where I said it was an Irish operation, because they didn't say they couldn't work with us. Another one to scratch off the list so.

Is your site the Irish payments blog that was posted on boards recently enough? If so, it's a very helpful reference.

davedave

The site has been mentioned on boards.ie recently so that maybe the one you are referring to but the blog is just one section of it. The link in my signature is the site that I am referring to. The compare the providers section has a list of payment providers that service the Irish market which might be useful for you. We are in the process of updating the section to provide a detailed comparison but this is not live yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.