Status
Not open for further replies.

handybaby

Hey Guyz,

Did you every encounter paypal asking for Legal Documents??

Or they often there service off line for monthly maintenance.

Does anyone of you used Paypal Merchant is it worth trying?

Regards,

Ann=)

babyboy808

I Gave paypal my documents a few weeks ago, I think If you send/recieve a large portion of money, they make sure your the real person and not some fraudster
abusing the system.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Once you start processing larger volumes with Paypal you have to go through an extra validation process. We did it a few years ago. It wasn't that painful :)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Hmm... only went through a fairly simple process when setting up the merchant ish account with them ... but then I'm not processing much on there.

Maybe fun and games are instore for me :D

MickyWall

A few years ago I remember having to jump through hoops for PayPal when I had sold over 5K and it had something to do with EU regulations.

Joseph Grogan

Just a quick question.

When setting up an ecommerce what is the process.......
As in can you get a merchant account with paypal or is it best to go to a bank and then have paypal link into that or what way does it work

Forbairt

Normally what I'd recommend most clients do is go to their bank and set up a merchants bank account

Then approach realex to set up an account with them

Then integrate that into your ECommerce solution (hate buzz words)

A few people at the moment I've set up with Paypal processing pretty much the same set of instructions :)
Though if the volume of trade increases as you can see from this thread you'll have to fill in a good few extra details

Joseph Grogan

oh right so the client has to go to there bank and ask for a merchant account then I would go to Realax and this would show me how to intergate it into the ecommerce package.... Not that that is easy or anything but sounds straight forward enough. Im sure there are problems and stuff.

SSL will have to be intergrated into it to or does it. Not sure on this stuff

Forbairt

It is pretty straight forward ...

I hadn't used paypal to accept money before .. until recently (needed a link from my website to accept payments which would vary .. took me about an hour to figure out (my biggest problem / time waste being that I just needed to click upgrade my account)

As to getting the realex bit up and running .. its as straight forward as downloading the module for oscommerce if thats your shop of choice .. (they have plugins / modules for various things) .. you set up password / key combinations and an ID and away you go ..

to be honest it can all be up and running in an hour or two ... (getting the merchant bank account and your realex account set up will take a bit longer) .. Ecommerce in its most basic form is pretty straight forward.

As to SSL ... thats up to you ... in the case of realex all CC information will be handled through them .. so you can avoid the need for SSL on your site via this method .. though having SSL does have other benefits such as making your customers feel happy (personally if the site didn't have SSL I wouldn't use it even if payments were being processed via realex)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
SSL will have to be intergrated into it to or does it. Not sure on this stuff

It depends on how you implement Realex.

They have two options:

1 - you do your thing on your site and redirect users to realex to make the final payment

2 - you do everything on your site and exchange the CC info via XML / HTTPS

In either case I'd also recommend using SSL if you're gathering any personal information from clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.