popup appearing on site

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheesh

Cannot display image as I have not enough posts. :(

this pop up is appearing on a site I have bee asked to fix for the life of me I cannot find where it is coming from. Its the usual deal of no matter where you click It sends you onto the site above any suggestions on what I should be looking for.

Thank you.
:confused:

paul

Ninja
What is the URL ?
check out all javascript references, including linked .js files in the HTML.

sheesh

Don't really want give the Url (paranoid I know) until I have secured the site. The site is based on a custom CMS created by this Indian company the site is a small real estate company in the US

thanks for the advice. Its appreciated.

n3tFl0w

This is a guess but I'd say you have been infected with some spyware. See I need to stop a Antivirus 2009 pop up. how do i delete this from my lap top? - Yahoo! Answers

I think you've misunderstood the issue - I think(and it is what the rest of the people have given their answer based on) that a site that the OP has been asked to fix is giving anyone who visits the site this popup...

As Louie has already pointed out the popup is is being created by Javascript. You need to take a look at the Javascript files that get called by your webpages. Shouldn't be that hard to find with a bit'o'javascript knowledge.

sheesh

Hi All,
it was a redirect hack
it was in the .htaccess file. its gone. well tech support removed it when I brought it to their attention. so a big win for me:D. (thats the way I'm calling it any way)

thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.