Status
Not open for further replies.

caminowebmaster

Just noticed a PR update this morning and wondering what is going on. Quite happy on some areas to get increase - helps with ads - but one site that has nothing on it just got PR3 www. walkinginengland . org

Bought it cause I though I would put something there on walking - time again... Now I feel like I should, I would like days extended to 48hrs for a few months, that might help.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread moved.

Please post to the relevant forum

Drang3d

Yeah I noticed a PR update as well. Funny a website I've actively been building links moved from PR2 -3 and a site I made no link building to changed from a PR3 - 4.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
One of my domains containing ... "under construction" has gone to 5 :D

edit: I should say it does have a few incoming links

D

Deleted member 444

Slightly offtopic, but do you guys have any reccomendations for PR checking sites?
I'm not really impressed with the ones I've come across so far.

gav240z

I'm happy so far..

Well I'm happy so far.

My own blog went from 0 to PR4 (homepage only mind you!)
Gavin Doolan

Also another site of mine which has been under construction forever went from PR2 - 3

Carbon Motorsport | Japanese Performance Cars

Same with another blog of mine:

Datsun 240z Project - 1972 Zcar Modification Journal went from PR1 - 3

I find it strange though that my under construction site has increased in PR and I've not added anything links wise (possibly 1 or 2 at most). Its just an aged domain name.

Gavin

Impressive ... but ... how often would the PR differ across Google Depots ?

During updates. If you catch it at the right time you can see various DC's empty out the PR and then re-populate, over so many hours of course.

Keep in mind the PR you see on the tool bar is not the current PR Google has for your site. ;)

RedCardinal

Dont mean to sound too negative, but I doubt the green bar really means much anymore.

For quite some time there has been little or consistancy behind TBPR, so it's barely worth worrying about - very little correlation between PR and rank IMO.

Rgds
Richard

ps - if you were watching DCs the last 4 or 5 days you would have seen some seriously whacky stuff going on as Google re-shuffled.

For anyone who went to PR0 or n/a - do you have any shaddy links in your profiles? Seems that they have taken the juice out of a lot more dodgy links.

Redfly

I think pagerank is a really good indicator of indexing frequency and crawl rate. That's about it.

gav240z

Yes I agree.

I think pagerank is a really good indicator of indexing frequency and crawl rate. That's about it.

Yes I agree, I look at it as a step in the right direction. Myself, I'm happy with the jump from 0 - 4. Considering I started the site when I left Australia, so about 6 months ago I'm happy to see this change.

I've noticed that my new posts are indexed within 1 day, which seems really fast considering that a couple of years ago it would take 2 weeks to get pages indexed for most small websites :).

Many well ranking pages on sites I visit often have 0 PR either because they are new articles or there is just no link juice to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.