Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiecasey

my money making site is still 4, my blog has become 3 as well. you didnt start using this domain that long ago though

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I started using it around the same time as armchair.ie - though that domain was active previously

RedCardinal

Toolbar PR is exported data from around July 26.

So the PR your seeing is from around then. If you use G analytics then you can have a look at the crawl ststs (I think thats the page) and see your distribution of PR across your pages.

Low = 1-4
Medium = 5-7
High = 8-10
(well that's what's generally accepted)

I reckon this data is far 'fresher' than toolbar.

Gavin

On my personal sites I managed (lucky) to get all the internal pages back with PR again and my blogs have PR through-out (which is nice).

One of our business websites was stripped from PR4 to PR0 and dumped from the results which is not good as the boss lives for PR - no idea why because he doesnt sell links :rolleyes:

Redfly

All but one of ours went up. Redflystudios went up to 7.
Means absolutely nothing to us though as SERPS are the most important thing. (Although it is nice).

Now have 4 client sites with a PR6 and 4 of our own sites with a PR6.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it's still not stable. Armchair.ie has dropped back to 0 and search.ie has fallen back to 4

Gah!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Cool :)

The main reason I care is for selling TLAs, which use PR as one of the ways of calculating link value

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using TLA?

(wonders if an Irish version of TLA would work)

I'm using TLA on my main blog and the company has an account for the ISP test site.

I don't think we'll ever make our millions using it, but it's a nice little bonus at the end of the month (free money = good!)

With regard to this country - it might work, but the guys in TLA have a very well developed system already, so beng able to emulate that would be far from easy

RedCardinal

Just a shame that there's no easy way for Irish sites to trade links.

I f I want high PR links I have to get them from foreign sites. Links on Irish websites are going to be far more beneficial from an SE perspective...

Of course I dont know just how many Irish PR7+ sites there are? (never mind PR8)

RedCardinal

Would something like the system on Irish Bloggers - Main Irish Bloggers - Blogs Ireland be of any use?

Hmm...curious.. I wonder if integrating a PR script in there might be useful :confused:. Maybe even a backlink count via Yahoo API (now I'm getting carried away but could be another nice measure of populairty :D).

Could help people better levereage their blogs for the purpose of advertising etc.

TBH I think that irishblogs.info could do with direct links and a simple counter via JS image to pass out some link love (I *would* think that though:rolleyes:).

It's a shame that Irish sites dont get the whole SE thing and the value of (Irish) backlinks to their sites (excluding many of the bloggers that is).

RedCardinal

Do they provide code? Reckon it would be relatively easy to mod over to JS. Just change the redirect script and tweak the template files.

Downside would be losing tracking for anyone with JS disabled. Upside would be the direct links.

paul

Ninja
It seems that a few of my sites have been updated this morning. Anyone else noticing fluctuations ? I dropped from PR5 to PR4 on one site.

Status
Not open for further replies.