ranked on google.com - nowher on Google.ie ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

manonthemoon

Hi Guys

I am trying to help my friend's website for his window business

He has PVC window replacement business

www.allirelandwindows.com

We are hoping that the website would come up when people searched the following

"PVC windows Ireland"

&

"PVC windows Dublin"

(Although, he based in Waterford, most of his work is in the Dublin Area)

I have helped him structure his site to suit the search engines. Using Title tags, metatags, relevant content etc.

After tweaking the structure, we are ranked #12 on Bing/ Yahoo for these searches, which is a good start

While 99% of searches probably don't go to the second page at least hopefully with some tweaking we can get the website into the top 10

On Google, at the moment i am ranked on google.com on the top page for

"pvc Windows Dublin"

This is good

HOWEVER, for some reason when i search the same term on google.ie, I am nowhere to be found

Why is this?

As our market is completely in Ireland this is really stopping tarffice visiting the site#

Any help is much obliged

davidbrett

Where is the site hosted? If it is hosted outside of Ireland this may be one factor. A .ie tld can also be a help. I would focus on getting a few links from Relevant Irish Sites. This should also help it rank on Google.ie.

link8r

You just need to register the site in Google Webmaster tools and change the Geo-location in Site Settings to "Ireland" and give it a few days or a week and it will show as an Irish site thereafter.

manonthemoon

You just need to register the site in Google Webmaster tools and change the Geo-location in Site Settings to "Ireland" and give it a few days or a week and it will show as an Irish site thereafter.

the site is Irish hosted (Blacknight)& at the start i geo-located the site as Ireland ('IRELAND' comes up on the google results)

I am trying to set up links at the moment but I have no idea why i am being ranked highly on Google.com and nowhere on google.ie

Any other ideas people?

Thanks in advance

link8r

OK, so the geo-location was a red herring. It is showing as an Irish website.

Problem is that it just doesn't have any authority! Authority comprises of different factors, that could be described as who links to you, what do they say, what is their own authority. Age {in terms of length of time in index, CTR history} will have an effect, especially for sites <3 months but to different degrees.

K

Kieran

You have two meta descriptions on the home page as well so I would correct that as it might be sending a bad signal plus it is a bit too long and wont display anyway. The snippet cuts off after 156 characters (in most instances)

Sort out your Alt tags for the images as well as that is a small little bit of good web design housekeeping and even though it doesn't affect ranking you have a lot of keywords in the meta keywords tag

... and last but not least you only mention the exact phrase PVC windows Dublin once on the page so perhaps one more mention.

But link8r is the man here for the skinny so do everything he suggests...

Status
Not open for further replies.