Rate Cards, what should I include ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Ninja
Someone last week has asked me for my rate card. And I have a vague idea as what to put in it. But I'm not really sure. Do I just quote say cost per 1000 impressions ? Does anyone have any experience with an idea of a price ? The advertiser who is interested in my site is also in the same area, except slightly different, so the ads would be fairly relevant to my visitors.

Is there anything else I should have in my rate card ? Impressions per month, break down in traffic (geo location wise), top search refers ??

Danke Schön,
paul

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't you look at other people's rate cards?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Have a look at the rate cards from actual sites as opposed to the New Media Live thing (which is actually up to date oddly enough for a lot of those sites!)

Remo

you should put as much information in as possible

Page view
Unqiues
Geo
Demographics (if you have it)

The more information the better, just make it points and make it clear

If your wondering about price why not just call up a competitor and say you are interested in advertising and could they sent there rate card

addoc

Hello,
I just looked at the rate card on new media live. Looks straight forwrd enough but can you just confirm what im looking at.

1:
€35 cpm for rte?

you pay 35 for per 1000 clicks on rte.ie???

is that correct, sounds huge.

2:

site email advert:

Delivered weekly to our 28,000
strong email list. Cost €625
per two line insert including one
click-through link

So they charge €625 to send an email to 28,000 addresses for 2 lines and a link?
Would they have multiple €625 s on the same email?

Im looking to start a biz online where adverts would be the main revenue generator and I have reseached well enough (i thought). I have never come across figures anywhere near above. Are they the norm???

RedCardinal

I just looked at the rate card on new media live. Looks straight forwrd enough but can you just confirm what im looking at.
€35 cpm for rte?
That's cost per thousand impressions.

€625 for 2 lines and a link seems steep - I must sign up for their email newsletter to check out what it looks like.

addoc

yes i understand the cpm but what im asking, €35 cpm is that very high or even realistic

what would be the norm/reasonable for advertising in a email that reaches 30,000 or 100,00

Remo

you have to remember that you can walk up to anyone on the street and say "do you who RTE is" probably a 100% yes rate

You cant compare rates for a national brand compared to a new venture.

So yes those rates are realistic for major companies/brands but not for start ups. And conversions tend to be in my experience far better from sites which have a trusted/loyal userbase even though the CPMs can be silly

For a new project like you are talking about, if focussing on advertisers for teh site I would give the emails as a "bonus" add on or sell them on a fixed sponsorship basis while you build trust with the advertiser and build up your user profile

If you are working on a niche and can build on that niche in terms of userbase, you will be able to get good rates (in time) but probably not as high the likes of RTE

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.