Realex Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoW

Am currently using Realex to manage payments but if my customers make a mistake when keying in their expiry date or security pin in creates an error code and when they correct their error it tells them that the transaction has already been processed. Customers get frightened and think that their card has been debited and cannot contact anybody.

Wondering if any other companies out there use Realex and have worked their way around this problem?

HELP?
:confused:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
How are you integrated?

ie. what software / method are you using?

WoW

I am integrated though the shopping cart system cgi commerce. A template has been written for the payments with emerchant.payandshop.com but only works in straight forward cases.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect it's down to the way the shopping cart is generating the transaction ID. We ran into a similar issue, so we had to code it to generate a degree of randomness with each attempt or you hit the problem you've run into

louie

Same problem here, so we had to get the order id and increase by 1 to make sure no duplicated transaction exists.

WoW

But can't it be set up to cater for mistakes that people can easily make when inputing a lot of figures. It drives my customers crazy and I loose a lot of them?:confused:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
But can't it be set up to cater for mistakes that people can easily make when inputing a lot of figures. It drives my customers crazy and I loose a lot of them?:confused:

That's a problem with your software not with Realex

As far as Realex is concerned it's seeing the same transaction twice, which isn't possible.

Tom

I don't know what the reasons are for that with realex, maybe tracking, security or something else. But it does seem to be a pain that you need to provide a fresh order id for failed transactions, surely a failed transaction for an order could be updated to a successful one without requiring a new order id?

davedave

Blacknight has correctly identified the problem.

Here is an explanation of what is happening - At the point of checkout an order Id will be created by your shopping cart software. Lets use "order1" as an example orderID. So when the user enters their details and clicks on the "Pay Now" button the transaction that is processed has an order ID of "order1". When the user changes their incorrect data and attempts to process the transaction again your shopping cart is still using the same order "order1".

The Realex system will flag this as a duplicate transaction and will not process it. This is not a bug with realex and it is actually in your favor, it is a good thing. If this was not in place and the user clicked "Pay Now" twice then their card could be charged twice.

The easiest way around this is to create a new order ID when this situation arises. Without knowing more details about you setup I cannot advise further.

WoW

Thanks for your help Guys

Will pass your comments on and try and work out a software resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.