Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Hi, I will be launching a new painting & decorating website in March.

Any advise on whether I should have a blog on the site or not?

I was thinking I could articles on 'how to paint your home' 'Interior design ideas' etc.

Yay or Nay?

MOH

Yay, definitely. Anything that's going to let you add decent content and engage visitors has to be a plus.

bober

I was thinking that - to be honest I'm just a bit hesitant, I'd rather keep the site as simple as possible. But sure as you said, engaging customers visitors & increasing traffic - suppose it's a no brainer.

Thanks for the reply :)

MOH

Well, no need to rush into it. Just leave a space in the menu for it, get the main site up and running first.
Then when you're ready set up the blog and start adding posts to it - you don't have to link to it until you're happy with it.

bober

cheers, think i'll do that then - sure the site hasn't been fully indexed yet.. Think I'll give it a month or so then see how I'm getting on. :)

Claudiu

Also, make sure you have the time to write often, or at least at a steady pace. If you plan on having a blog to attract visitors, you need to keep them busy :)

seo4blondes

I think definitely you should add a blog, but you need to have a solid outline for what direction you're taking the content. If you can only think of one or two posts to publish then the blog will be left until last and eventually forgotten. A blog is something you really need to set the time aside and publish regularly to keep it fresh for both users and the SE's.

Maybe if you want to start the site off with something creative that will boost interaction you could record some "How To" videos and that sort of thing, it'll add a dynamic element to the site without the longer term commitment that the blog needs right now?

pfurey101

Blogging is great SEO - especially if you are any good at what you do! Who knows, if the blogs are good enough- they will come! Its makes your site more dynamic - which is good!

Go the whole hog and set up a Facebook page and Twitter account for the biz and when you add a new blog, put a link in FB and Twitter. Google loves these little link circles.

Make it part of your business process, one blog a month (easier said than done).

Finally put your blog in a sub folder i.e. www.yoursite.com/blog - this is good SEO.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.