Status
Not open for further replies.

Register365

Good evening everyone

We've noticed that someone has decided to pretend that they're us on twitter.com, using the handle "register365". This most definitely isn't us, and the person doing this has nothing at all to do with register365.com/.ie or names.co.uk

We have our own handle on there now called "Reg365_OFFICIAL". This is manned by one of the guys who's been with us for 9 years now.

I know that there's no way of proving who's who on twitter, but I'm sure that the admins and moderators of this forum will be able to verify that this is a genuine post made by register365 (user Paul knows who I am, he referred to me as Mr T in a post he made earlier about stats).

For confirmation, this post was made from the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, which has a PTR entry of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Worcester ADSL, ndo.com (our ADSL "division")); I'm sure that admins can verify this.

So, to reiterate, the twitter user "register365" is nothing to do with register365 or namesco. The official register365 twitterer is "Reg365_OFFICIAL"

I can only apologise for anything that has been said by this person attempting to impersonate us; please disregard everything that they say.

Register365

Doh!

Sorry about that :) I've edited the original post and put the correct username in, as Frodo so rightly pointed out.

This can be confirmed on our own forum in the Announcements section (sorry, can't post links yet) at forum.register365.com

nevf

I have to say, it's quite funny reading though.

Did you just join twitter because someone stole your username? or are you actually planning on providing customer service now?

Did you just join twitter because someone stole your username? or are you actually planning on providing customer service now?

Hopefully they'll choose the second :)

Register365

I don't think that we have any plans to use twitter as a CS tool. We prefer Support and Customer Care enquiries to be made through official channels. That way we can verify who you are, and that you're authorised to make requests pertaining to the account you're referring to.

This protects your account from any unauthorised changes, which should be a basic security concern of any reputable hosting company.

Your enquiry will also be logged in our support system so that there are records and a history of any issues that you've raised, and can help identify patterns and trends.

I see also that a new member has joined here - user "365". So who are they pretending to be on this forum - register365 or hosting365? As there are only 2 hosting companies in Ireland with the "365" moniker in their names, perhaps the mods should be looking into this account as an impersonation???

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that we have any plans to use twitter as a CS tool. We prefer Support and Customer Care enquiries to be made through official channels. That way we can verify who you are, and that you're authorised to make requests pertaining to the account you're referring to.

This protects your account from any unauthorised changes, which should be a basic security concern of any reputable hosting company.

Your enquiry will also be logged in our support system so that there are records and a history of any issues that you've raised, and can help identify patterns and trends.

I see also that a new member has joined here - user "365". So who are they pretending to be on this forum - register365 or hosting365? As there are only 2 hosting companies in Ireland with the "365" moniker in their names, perhaps the mods should be looking into this account as an impersonation???

Why do you think we would care if someone wants to impersonate you or not?

There are loads of threads on here with your clients complaining about general service issues, but instead of addressing ANY of those queries or complaints all you have done to date is reply with "press release style" junk.

You then "launch" a customer forum with the most ridiculous rules that it is blatantly obvious that you have zero interest in getting any feedback from your "valued" customers.

You "value" your customers so much that you charge them to stop using your services.

So no. The 365 account is not going to be touched as an "impersonation" or anything else. How dare you even try that line with us.

Show me and the rest of the Irish internet community that you give a damn about your customers and then come back to me.

Until then do not even think of making any demands of me or anyone else involved with this site or I will simply block ALL of the users of your account (and yes I do know that more than one of you uses it)

Michele

Register365

I also notice that the fake twitter user now has had the decency to come clean and admit he's a fake. His last twitter post points to a newly created Wordpress blog at notyourusualuser.wordpress.com where he admits all.

I'd like to thank this person for doing that before things got out of hand and others became involved; however, there are ways and means of doing things, and perhaps in hindsight you might like to consider that perhaps this wasn't the best way to go about it.

Yes, you've given people a few laughs yesterday, but on the whole maybe all you've done is created a reputation for yourself that would make hosting companies think twice about having you as a customer. If you were willing to do this with one company you were disgruntled with, what's to stop you doing it to the next, and the one after that, and on and on..?

If you would like to pass the twitter account details on, you can PM me on this forum.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you've given people a few laughs yesterday, but on the whole maybe all you've done is created a reputation for yourself that would make hosting companies think twice about having you as a customer. If you were willing to do this with one company you were disgruntled with, what's to stop you doing it to the next, and the one after that, and on and on..?

That's rich coming from a company that charges its unhappy clients to move elsewhere

I also notice that the fake twitter user now has had the decency to come clean and admit he's a fake. His last twitter post points to a newly created Wordpress blog at notyourusualuser.wordpress.com where he admits all.

I'd like to thank this person for doing that before things got out of hand and others became involved; however, there are ways and means of doing things, and perhaps in hindsight you might like to consider that perhaps this wasn't the best way to go about it.

If you would like to pass the twitter account details on, you can PM me on this forum.

Ok, I'm the most calmest person in the world but now you piss me off.
Please do not worry to much about my reputation, yours-as a company - you should worry.Go Google " register365 down again" and you'll see what you should worry about.What I've done wasn't for a laugh - if every unsatisfied customer of yours would do what I've done well you'll be out of business : gone,baby gone.
About the hosting please ,
would make hosting companies think twice about having you as a customer
that's the stupidest thing you could say ( so far I mean because you will say more ).

As said in the first line of this reply I'm the calmest person ever and I hate fighting ( verbally ) but please, do not threaten me with
others getting involved

Regards 365 ( could be banking365 not just your 2 comp. in Ireland with this moniker )

P.S. Forget the f..nk password - go for it crying on Twitter's shoulders, they'll give it to you.

nevf

Thats bullshít. You should maintain a line of contact with the customer, not have boundaries like that. Did you ever use Twitter... There's such things as Direct Messages which allow you to receive info from customers that noone else can see.

How can I make unauthorised changes to someone's account via Twitter? More bull****. What other hosting companies do is they talk to the customers but if there's a change to be made to the account they ask you to email them with your details.

It's obviously just an expense to have this simple line of contact with your customers. Since 365 was sold to Namesco, your support has just gone downhill. If you actually do get through to someone who knows what they're at, they are incompetent with dealing with people and have to go to multiple layers of supervisers and management before a reply can be sought. Your equipment is not reliable.

Why would you even want to identify patterns and trends? Surely, if you are trying to identify customers and make relationships with them, twitter would be a good thing? If you're looking for patterns and trends, look at the threads here or even look at your sales figures - they'll all tell you your company is going downhill faster than you could have ever imagined.

Piss off. I have found that the Register365 user on Twitter has been more helpful, honest and upfront about your company that you have been.

Why do you think we would care if someone wants to impersonate you or not?

There are loads of threads on here with your clients complaining about general service issues, but instead of addressing ANY of those queries or complaints all you have done to date is reply with "press release style" junk.

You then "launch" a customer forum with the most ridiculous rules that it is blatantly obvious that you have zero interest in getting any feedback from your "valued" customers.
Yah, a customer forum... Thats ridiculous, tbh. Your customer service is a joke, and your forum is an ever bigger joke. Your whole company is a joke, and your staff are all incompetent fools. Week by week, you're losing all the good ones.

You "value" your customers so much that you charge them to stop using your services.
These are the sort of policies I despise, especially in such a bad company like R365

So no. The 365 account is not going to be touched as an "impersonation" or anything else. How dare you even try that line with us.

Show me and the rest of the Irish internet community that you give a damn about your customers and then come back to me.

Until then do not even think of making any demands of me or anyone else involved with this site or I will simply block ALL of the users of your account (and yes I do know that more than one of you uses it)
R365, have simply treated their customers like shíte, in the last 12 months. Personally, until you start improving your quality and service, the irish internet community are going to have a deep and founding hatred of you and your cause.

At least he admits he's fake. Not like your customer service. Bunch of ignorant prícks they all are.
Erm, no. Go away.

Once again. Shut up. Go away.
Pass the twitter details on? You can't handle Twitter.
I don't think we can ever be as disgruntled with a company as much as R365 recently, ever. It's time to start reviewing the competition here.

Your whole operations in Ireland recently have all been a joke, but the difference was - nobody was laughing. At least @register365 on Twitter was making people laugh at their ridiculous behavior.

Ok, I'm the most calmest person in the world but now you piss me off.
Please do not worry to much about my reputation, yours-as a company - you should worry.Go Google " register365 down again" and you'll see what you should worry about.What I've done wasn't for a laugh - if every unsatisfied customer of yours would do what I've done well you'll be out of business : gone,baby gone.
About the hosting please , that's the stupidest thing you could say ( so far I mean because you will say more ).

As said in the first line of this reply I'm the calmest person ever and I hate fighting ( verbally ) but please, do not threaten me with

Regards 365 ( could be banking365 not just your 2 comp. in Ireland with this moniker )

P.S. Forget the f..nk password - go for it crying on Twitter's shoulders, they'll give it to you.
I'm not even going to split this post to reply to it. All I will say is that, I agree with every 365 has said in that post.

And to think that even the events over the last few weeks hasn't led you to change your practises, your policies and customer interaction - it says a lot. It really does.

Register365

Hi Michele,

I think it would probably be a good time for us to explain exactly why it is that we've chosen not to have a presence on this forum, and in short, it's because it's not a level playing field.

You have proven multiple times on this forum and your blog(s) that you aren't able to stay impartial, and have frequently gone out of your way to highlight what what you see as shortcomings in our operation and use it to attempt to attract new customers to your own business. If you can't stay impartial, then you can't expect us to utilise this forum.

Until we feel that we can post on here with a level playing field, we will only be responding to customers through official channels which are:

1) Telephone
2) Our support ticketing / email system
3) Our official forum
4) Our Blog & Twitter account
5) Our Tell the boss form ( names.co.uk / telltheboss)

We value all customer feedback and will do what we can to help customers but from now on, that will only be through the channels listed above.

link8r

From a valued customer, please go F**K yourselves. We are moving, albeit slowly. Your forum does not create a fair and level playing ground. This forum has - Michele has let you post whatever you want - and you've done so, even though your complete lack of care to the complaints being made here has probably done more to infuriate people than if you hadn't. You've just glossed over everyhitng as if there have been no issues. Why dont you address the problems raised?

If your customers are running out into the world tell people to leave or not use your services, then I suggest you address them and not gloss over them. Your company has serious issues that affects our business. Our clients do not like to have outtages. WE don't either - but we dont treat them like rubbish and ignore them. We modify and adapt. You just ignore us.

You are clearly responding here because this informal campaign of information about just how bad you are is hopefully catching on.

cgarvey

it's because it's not a level playing field.

I see where you're coming from in terms of a level playing field and have battled it out with Michele privately. That, however is an issue of minuscule proportions compared to your completely ignoring the very real problems expressed by users here.

Or, in other words, your use of the alleged impartiality (which probably does exist, but is defensible when you examine it objectively) is a handy cop out. If you were genuinely concerned about the problems your customers have discussed here, you'd work (on this medium, and any medium possible) to resolve those. You haven't. You've made no attempt to.

In fact, what you've done is merely confirm the completely unacceptable levels of support, and complete lack of any caring, that your customers have posted about here. You've cemented their points which might otherwise be dismissed as one-off cases or Internet hysteria.

Your lack of interaction here has worked against you. As the old saying goes: "if you have nothing to say, then say nothing". Works in business too.

I'd suggest (as an impartial observer) that you either
A) Stop posting here altogether
or
B) Take on board the problems being discussed here, and deal with them (publicly, as that was the medium chosen in the first place; even if that is not to your liking). Obviously you can only do so much. because of the account security reasons you mention, but you can do a whole lot more than you have done.

P.S. Your transfer-out charge on .com is an incredibly ill-informed decision that you might take up with your policy makers.

Rant over, take what of it you will!

paul

Ninja
I don't think that we have any plans to use twitter as a CS tool. We prefer Support and Customer Care enquiries to be made through official channels. T

Until we feel that we can post on here with a level playing field, we will only be responding to customers through official channels which are:

1) Telephone
3) Our official forum
come on Mr.T. get your act together. At 9am you said no twitter, and at 2pm you say, yes to twitter. Should I expect further changes in the next 5 hours ?

Busarus

this is an amusing start to the day..... the world needs more register365 twitter accounts for that spartacus moment

nevf

Hi Michele,

I think it would probably be a good time for us to explain exactly why it is that we've chosen not to have a presence on this forum, and in short, it's because it's not a level playing field.

You have proven multiple times on this forum and your blog(s) that you aren't able to stay impartial, and have frequently gone out of your way to highlight what what you see as shortcomings in our operation and use it to attempt to attract new customers to your own business. If you can't stay impartial, then you can't expect us to utilise this forum.
I dont give a fúck who's impartial or not partial... The fact of the matter is that your service is lacking, in every way, from uptime to customer support. You may have issues with the partiality of this site, but for some, it's the last soapbox to express their concerns...

1) Telephone
3) Our official forum

We value all customer feedback and will do what we can to help customers but from now on, that will only be through the channels listed above.
You have never once valued any feedback I have ever given.
So will there be support through Twitter?
Your official forum is a joke... I hope it's not hosted on your servers - otherwise it'll be down half the time.

Your email and telephone support are usually unhelpful and ignorant. Sometimes I'll get a good support rep, mostly I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.