Review for new responsive design of Festivals.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngtag

Hi Folks,

I posted on here last summer about festivals site I launched about festivals in Ireland, UK and Europe - Festivals.ie

Just last Sunday we have launched the new design, which uses responsive techniques to re-size on mobile, tablet and other screensizes.

Would love to get unbiased and constructive criticisms, as I got some really useful posts for the initial launch.

Thanks in advance.

link8r

Hey @youngtag

Its a nice clean site and its easy to navigate. Some nice features, nice map and youtube integration. Works well.

Also, you've populated it with lts of data - nice

SEO
IMHO, I dont think you need your domain name at the start of your page titles
Duplicate Page Titles
The list for UK events (which include Irish ones - could be controversial) - the default page could be given a SEF
I presume this is only for an Irish audience - its not going to rank well in the UK unless you add UK-GL domain

Design
There's something missing from the theme. It doesn't seem lively. The events should be closer to the top. The share icons / headings seem very large with huge space around them. This means more scrolling. Maybe an event slider like Accuweather have?

Take a look at Heineken Music-IE, ::Guinness Cork Jazz Festival 2012::, Electric Picnic 2012 | Music, Castlepalooza Music & Arts Festival - August 3rd to 5th 2012, Charleville Castle, Tullamore

Also, different strokes for different folks - maybe using some icons you could divide events by type of music and/or festival?

I would change the share-this icons for pages so that you get the fb, twitter, G like counts - but this isn't critical - I notice they just get used more

HTH

youngtag

Thanks for all that feedback. SEO needs to be improved, I know what to do, but just need my brother to make changes in tags as he looks after code and html.

Can you just explain what you mean by Irish festivals appearing in UK list?

Not quite sure what you mean there. Cheers.

link8r

You're welcome

In your site, when I went to look at UK festivals, it showed Irish ones too, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.