Status
Not open for further replies.

declan

Hi all,
I am new here and am not sure if I'm in the correct forum. Blachnight has encouraged me to ask guestions so here I go. I have a website created using a free template (Iowners) for a holiday apartment in France. I know very little about SEO or web design etc but am here to learn. Iowners is basically free but charge €60 to remove ads and to for some website statistics feedback.
Can anyone give some advise on how my site looks?

Thanks in advance, Declan

http://www.niceplace.iowners.net

Lottoplus

Well I think anywebsite has to firstly acheive their goals, your website is does that, as in it gives plenty of information to clients about holiday apartment in France.

But if your hoping for search engines to pick up the website your going to have a bit more

Your web address
http:// www .niceplace.iowners.net /home.html

If you can get a domain name with Nice or the surrounding area or ApartmentNice. Something you can say to clients which they will remember easier,

The design does look like a template design but would take a rebuild to make it a bit more professional looking.(If budget allows but as you have most of the text available it's should'ent be that expensive)

declan

Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas re the slogan? Is it good or bad to use the word "Nice" for SEO and for effect. Do I need to have a new website to change the domain name?

You can see my level of ignorance!

gav240z

Page width is wayyyy too wide. It makes the text on the page difficult to read as the users eye has to strain if you have more than 8-12 words per line.

I don't know much about the template but it looks pretty flexible in width. Also the headline at the top of the page is not really readable on wide monitors especially as the colours change in the headline.

gav240z

I did not know this. That's super information.

Glad you like it. I read about it while studying typography and web design.

Its true when you think about it. Just reduce the forum width here to about half size and the text becomes super easy to read.

gav240z

Newspapers

It also explains why newspapers are in columns instead of spread across the page. Think about when you read articles in a newspaper.

n3tFl0w

It also explains why newspapers are in columns instead of spread across the page. Think about when you read articles in a newspaper.

i was just thinking that. I was thinking about redesigning my blog(again!!) and this helps me alot.

statman

nice site, it appears as if you are getting moderate traffic rates.. Anywhere from about 10-25 uniques per day? If I'm off let me know..

marosh

In a nutshell

My opinion is as follows:
The content is complete. :)
The Design is poor, but it might work if advertised properly:rolleyes:
Lack of SEO and marketing – critical issue:mad:

Just by publishing some articles on the internet will not do the job for you. It is worth to spend more money and ask experts to help you to promote the website, although it will be pretty tricky (the competition is really high in this area).

Marek
www.profinvent.com

Status
Not open for further replies.