Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsden

Started first website a few days ago and am looking to get stuck in to optimizing it, unfortunately I only have a rough idea of what to do.

Does anyone have any good advice or resources on where to look. Theres a lot of stuff out there and some of it is a bit contradictory.

SupNY

First and foremost mate get a couple of keyword tools e.g. Google Keywords, Wordpot etc and start finding a handful of relevant keywords you want to optimize for.

Indeed, great resources here but perhaps for a total newb you might start at the very beginning and get a decent book. Problem with books can be by the time they're printed a % of the content is out of date such is the speed of change in how the big boys like Google change algorithms. I think however you might benefit from the "For Dummies" (no offence intended) but the SEO for Dummies is a good option for a total beginner as its puts lots of elements into context in the greater scheme of SEO. You can even get it in your library and skip over any bits that are already known to you. In tandem spend time sifting through here :) HTH

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Start with some of the "for dummies" type books - they cover the basics of site structure, title tags etc.,

bober

Does anyone have any good advice or resources on where to look.

Hi Marsden & welcome to the forum :) How about checking GoogleWebmasters on Youtube great information & easy to Understand. I also watch 'Matt Cutt' on Youtube he's an engineer at Google & has some great video's - defo look up him on youtube & his blog ;)

Marsden

Thanks for the help folks.

Some great resources there. I'll probably get a dummies book alright. (No offense taken twoheads).

hazelnice

SEO for beginners might appear tough, but later on, if you know the different SEO strategy, you will manage to optimize a website well.

justy

SEO or Search Engine Optimization refers to the way of structuring a website in such a manner that makes search engines rank the website higher. It is important so that more traffic is directed to the site through searches that leads to an increase in visitors, readers and most importantly customers.The following tips on SEO for beginners should be followed by new website owners for the development of their website. Firstly, you need to know the various facets of SEO. Knowing about the various facets will enable you to create necessary amount of importance in order to produce good results.

MySpace Layouts

Robert12

Hello marsden,
At first you should optimize the on page optimization means meta tag and meta description then you should move to off page optimization means back link to your web site,

Status
Not open for further replies.