Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Does anyone else think it's weird that Eoghan is linking to wikipedia in almost every one of his posts...?

And also that one of his posts lists every design/development firm in Ireland?

Eoghan, your SEO is bull****.

And it just so happens he has started a new company. Funny how he makes such a loud statement but yet hasn't really debated within anyone on this thread on why he thinks its BS.

Another Jason Calacanis who has his own agenda for coming out with such gibberish. :rolleyes:

Gavin

I forgot to add.

Anyone want to tell him about his duplicate URLS and the problems that could arise within Google?

glengara

I suspect Richard is saying organic search is one of the few areas where money per se will not necessarily yield results.

eoghanmccabe

And it just so happens he has started a new company. Funny how he makes such a loud statement but yet hasn't really debated within anyone on this thread on why he thinks its BS.

Another Jason Calacanis who has his own agenda for coming out with such gibberish. :rolleyes:

Nice to be compared to Calacanis, but I haven't earned that yet.

Follow-up post on the way to continue the discussion which I'd be delighted to see some of you take part in.

raj

Google is Bull ****

How about SEO is Bull + Fight where you have to lock horns with stange rules of search engines. :(

Zascar

Very good read, but total bull**** imo. Seo can be the making or breaking of an online business . Just look at what happens when google changes their algorithm.

Very nice looking blog site though, probably the niceest I've seen - very simple and effective.

Check out his post on PC Vs Mac - and rea the commens too

donalmc

The reason the SE industry exists is because the design industry ignored search.

I think this is the essential point - but for how long more will it be true? And it is also clear that SEO is becoming the norm (seen a few articles recently in mainstream business pages). What happens to SEO when everyone is optimized? I'm new to SEO but it does appear to me that there really is only so much you can do.

(first post, great site, etc...)

searchcreations

I think this is the essential point - but for how long more will it be true? And it is also clear that SEO is becoming the norm (seen a few articles recently in mainstream business pages). What happens to SEO when everyone is optimized? I'm new to SEO but it does appear to me that there really is only so much you can do.

(first post, great site, etc...)
What is the "norm" when everyone is doing the same thing, sure at that point the goalposts have already changed about 4 or 5 times. Not so long ago "keywords" were most important , then content, then titles, then inbound links. These days we know its not so easy to take advantage of the search engines. As a seo’er you have to learn what you can and can not do and it becomes clear that it isn’t easy so there will always be new ways to achieve the results you want. The bar will constantly be raised so although company's will claim they have been optimised the reality will differ greatly.

louie

What happens to SEO when everyone is optimised?
Hard to believe that will ever happen.
There are so many things SE takes in consideration in the SERPs, so having a website 100% optimised it is and will be hard work and costly for the ones that has to hire someone to do it....

Cormac

It's not just SEO though, there is SEM, email marketing, PPC, affiliate marketing, print, IA, copy development, usability, SMO, insert 2009 buzz word, etc...

As long as you move with the times and diversify there will always be a market for you.

gav240z

You have to admit that this man has a point, the SEO industry has attracted the usual horde of get rich quick crowd while the snake oil merchants have sprang up quicker than Aldi in a regional town. And of course this is where the problem is, when you see headlines like “10 quick steps to SEO Heaven” you might as well take your money and burn it because there are no 10 quick steps in SEO and of course no place called SEO heaven. There is only SEO hell, which is where you will end up if you use any of these types of services.

I like to think of SEO like the weight loss industry. Everyone wants to take a pill and loose weight, most people don't want to hit the gym and "really" work for that 6 pack.

Just look at those late night infomercials starring chuck norris and those cool products like the "ab buster" (insert other corny fitness equipment names here!).

All these people offering SEO and making absurd promises are just praying on human lazyness. Its nothing new, but what separates the good from the bad is what counts.

If you are good at what you do, those in the "know" will seek you and your services.

I see so many people offering SEO and just looking at their own websites they haven't got a clue about SEO and SEM.

The other problem I think is that online everyone is trying to sell the same old crap. Its those who look for new niche's and have the clever / unique ideas that are successful. Those looking to sell the same old computer parts and or software are in a loosers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.