Status
Not open for further replies.

littleBird

A customer of mine is thinking of moving from their current Hosting company after an extended period of dissatisfactory service. An Irish based hosting company, LetsHost.ie, has been suggested to them and I don't know what to say. I have never heard of them before, never mind done business with them!

Has anybody got any experience of working with these guys?

babyboy808

I Used them before and I suggest you stay away! Terrible customer service when I was with them.

littleBird

oh dear, that sounds very definitely like a bad experience. When did this happen? Last month, last year, last decade?? What problems did you encounter that required support?

RedCardinal

I've never hosted with them, but all my .ie domains are with them, and I've always found them to be very helpful.

I'm sure every host will have some pain points, so hopefully this adds some balance.

Rgds
Richard

davidbehan

Isn't letshosts the guys who took down woodentoys.ie for discussing them on a forum?

Letshost.ie suspended my hosting without notice. - boards.ie

I wouldn't host with these guys after hearing about this. As Richard says, every host has it's good points and bad (as well as customer reviews). However, what they did to woodentoys was shocking.

Couldn't recommend Web hosting Ireland, hosting ireland / irish web site hosting Ireland / domain registration, dedicated servers, colocation - Blacknight Solutions: Blacknight Solutions enough - excellent support and service.

Rgds,

Dave

niall

Lets hosts servers are located in the US as well ?

No, they seem to be using Digiweb at the moment:

niall@ernie:~$ host letshost.ie
letshost.ie has address 78.137.164.40
letshost.ie mail is handled by 0 mail2.letshost.ie.
niall@ernie:~$ whois 78.137.164.40 | grep -b1 descr
368-netname: LETSHOST-CORE
398:descr: LetsHost
423-country: IE
--
1155-route: 78.137.128.0/18
1187:descr: Digiweb Ltd
1215-origin: AS31122

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
As such are they not just a reseller ? similar to myself :p

I offer customers hosting either through me or with their provider of choice ...

Yes I'm just using one of the irish crowds ... :D but I guess I don't offer domain names directly though me

niall

As such are they not just a reseller ? similar to myself :p

inetnum: 78.137.164.0 - 78.137.165.255
netname: LETSHOST-CORE
descr: LetsHost

There is a whole /23 assigned to them (510 usable addresses) so more than likely they're just using Digiweb for Colo of their servers or they have dedicated servers from Digiweb. I'd go with Colo.

Of course there is no way to be 100% sure. The whole /23 could be routed to an Amiga at the end of a Digiweb DSL line for all we know :)

Niall.

littleBird

Indeed, post the same question to different groups of web users and you may be fortunate enough to get different opinions in response. Kinda useful if trying to make an informed decision when moving away from a hosting company that has gone bugger up, would you agree Hosting365?

Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond, much appreciated :)

nevf

Wow... I never heard about this... That's amazing! I can't understand how a company can do that? Legally like. Anyone know how that turned out? Apology? Court?

the problem was sorted i would imagine... di11on went quiet all of a sudden so i can only imagine that the problem was sorted,or some sort of agreement was made.

none the less, whatever little hope i ever had of going with them has since been quashed by that single thread.

hosting365

Just highlighting the post littlebird, in fact giving you enhanced exposure :)

As for your comment about 'bugger up', no offence taken, as register365 has no connection at all with Hosting365 any longer, although I do think Namesco are doing a good, and improving job since the transition, and have great things planned for the business. Register365 is still ireland's largest, and still fastest growing host (by a factor of more than 100% per month of all the other irish hosts).

TheMenace

the problem was sorted i would imagine... di11on went quiet all of a sudden so i can only imagine that the problem was sorted,or some sort of agreement was made.

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever. It seems to be in the mindset of certain Irish hosting companies that it's okay to provide poor support or to pull tricks like this and then bend over backwards to fix things only if the whole thing is broadcasted on a forum. You literally have to 'go public' in order to get any kind of reasonable support from a lot of these hosting providers. It's probably a lot cheaper to scour fora for sporadic criticism than it is to provide a decent level of support to all your customers I guess.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
He moved his business elsewhere

nevf

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever. It seems to be in the mindset of certain Irish hosting companies that it's okay to provide poor support or to pull tricks like this and then bend over backwards to fix things only if the whole thing is broadcasted on a forum. You literally have to 'go public' in order to get any kind of reasonable support from a lot of these hosting providers. It's probably a lot cheaper to scour fora for sporadic criticism than it is to provide a decent level of support to all your customers I guess.
Yes, i couldn't agree more with you. Not even with hosting companies only, but even expanding into other industries and services online. The behavior that went on at letshost.ie was simply not acceptable and was proof that companies like this use 'internet anonymity' to its full advantage. personally, i would not hand over information, or give information to a web hosting company that i don't trust.

He moved his business elsewhere
and dam right too. imo, he should have received compensation for the amount of business lost throughout the whole ordeal...
he says with name servers pointing to blac.... :D
I wonder who's that? :D

thetruth

No.

A customer of mine is thinking of moving from their current Hosting company after an extended period of dissatisfactory service. An Irish based hosting company, LetsHost.ie, has been suggested to them and I don't know what to say. I have never heard of them before, never mind done business with them!

Has anybody got any experience of working with these guys?

I'd have to say my experience of Letshost was on the negative side. Reasonably good at keeping ones site on the internet but the rest was a joke. All about reactionary rather than solving things before they appeared. Go Blacknight.
The toysonline story is totally genuine. It was a despicable way to treat anyone. I have had to wait a period of time so I could tell the truth without fear of being sabotaged myself. If you have anymore than one domain it becomes a nightmare. Expiry dates are all over the place and they end up charging you double if you havent got your expiry dates written down. I spent too much time having to chase them up on things and they became something else to manage. You forgive one thing then another, maybe another but it just gets too much. The final straw was when google told me the server I had a site on with letshost was marked as spam. Lets not host with letshost and do yourself a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.